What's new

Calling people with whiteline ARBs

Reaction score
Got my second hand arbs repainted this eve as there a touch rusty as they all go.. Just cleaned them and used some silver hammerite.. Works a treat ; )

Now I have measured my rear one and it appears to be the 20 mm version not 22 m but I'm sure it's much better than the stocker.. What the oem size I wonder?

My question is what do people set there's to? Ie which holes on the adjustable part of the bar..

I have apex gen 2 cookies on 6/5 if that makes it clearer of the best setting..

I know it best to try and suit it to my driving but would like others opinions of a good setting...

Cheers guys

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
If it was me I'd just set to middle hole for both front and back and try it... neutral settings first then you know what's best to change from there on.

Problem is everyone's opinions will differ on what is best :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah fair play mate I thought there was 3 on both lol?! Lemme know how you get on although I'm tempted by Godspeed 'fixed' ARB package - around £240 for both front and rear.

I can never find any S15 Whiteline ARB's for sale second hand grrrrrr :(

Reaction score
keep an eye on sxoc for breaking cars, best way to find.... need to be quick though lol

put a wanted bit in aswell that what i did!!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I think the rear factory was 20mm as well (or there abouts). I have the 22mm for the rear and have it set to soft. I have the front set to medium. I personally would start as I did (Front - medium and Rear - soft) and see how you go. It isn't too hard to change the settings.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
While this topic is open I have a quick question too. I've just got myself a F+R set of Whitelines but they are labelled as S14 ones from the company I got them from. Can anyone confirm if Whiteline do a S15 specific version or they the same as the 14's?

My coilovers are 8/6 kg/mm so I'm going to set them to the stiffest setting to make sure I notice the difference. I think they are more noticeable on softer springs where you actually get body roll!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers Tom - I'll get posting on the wanted sections!! :thumbs:

My question would be the same as Craig's... can I ask for either S14/15 Whiteline ARB's??

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, good luck with it. Out of interest Tom, do you get rubbing in your front arches under hard cornering on the standard ARB's??

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Ah fair play mate I thought there was 3 on both lol?! Lemme know how you get on although I'm tempted by Godspeed 'fixed' ARB package - around £240 for both front and rear.

I can never find any S15 Whiteline ARB's for sale second hand grrrrrr :(
i dont know about whitelines mate, but you would not be dissappointed in the godspeeds at all - they make a massive difference even with super stiff oilovers. one of my favourite mods as you can feel the improvement the first time you take it out. didn't want whitelines because i'd heard of some confusion over setting them up properly and once being set just being left anyway, so didnt see the point in paying for adjustability.....

Reaction score
Craig- Yes I did and still do scrape front and rear..

I have just returned from a spirited drive over Telford way and the car is so much more settled in the corners.. Before it handled well but could be skittish at times.. It seems more predictable now and loves the longer sweeping corner ; )

I also have just fitted a c's shifter acquired thanks to roots82 and boy are they worth installing.. These two things new on my car make it feel like a diff car in a better way lol.. The standard shift is a stick in a bucket of **** compared with this baby,

Oh yes this confirms that s14 arbs fit with no bother : )

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, gonna hire a roller next week I think, two of my tyres are getting eaten lol..

It might not scrape as bad now though not sure, haven't driven it enough tbh

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool. I get scrapes from my front but not from the rear as the arches are rolled. The fronts bottom out on the arch liners so it's due to my rideheight rather than arches. Just don't want to raise it though as I love the way it looks sitting nice and low. Was kind of hoping the ARB's would help/solve this issue but it looks like it won't afterall

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice1 Dean :) I think I'm getting very close to ordering the Godspeed items :thumbs:

Thanks for the feedback Tom - glad to see they're such a positive improvement for the S15... I'm also interested in this short shifter game - didn't realise they make so much difference!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Nice1 Dean :) I think I'm getting very close to ordering the Godspeed items :thumbs:

Thanks for the feedback Tom - glad to see they're such a positive improvement for the S15... I'm also interested in this short shifter game - didn't realise they make so much difference!!
its worth waiting for a group buy mate if you do mate, think i got mine with new droplinks and bushes for 180-00.....

i was also interetsed in a short shifter, racefi who were gonna make them have dissappeared ???

W

WhitelineJim

G’day everyone,

Hope you don't mind us pooping in but we were just told about this thread and thought we might be able to help.

For the front ARB, Whiteline list the BNF19## family of swaybars for the S14 and S15 series. That family includes the BNF19 27mm fixed and BNF19Z 27mm adjustable swaybar

For the rear, Whiteline list the BNR11## family which suits many Nissan's including Silvia S13/14/15 as well as the Skyline R33 and 34 RWD series. Because of the variety of applications there are a heap of options;

BNR11 - 20mm fixed
BNR11X - 22 mm fixed
BNR11Z - 20mm adjustable
BNR11XZ - 22mm adjustable

Follow the links to see an image so you can better identify options you might find. So, with that it might be easier to find some second hand or used units out there. ;)

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
jim@whiteline.com.au

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for clearing that up Jim, very helpful indeed :)