What's new

Calling people with whiteline ARBs

A

aklbob

I have the whiteline front and backs on my car, found the soft settings much softer than standard on my Spec R S15.. I am running the standard 16" wheels (205/55 tires F & R), ended up setting the back bar to hard, and the front to the mid setting, which makes the car more neutral, easier to catch the rear end now, before it was a little too oversteery, and the front was rolling too much..

Reaction score
Cool this is what I set mine to and am very pleased with the way it handles..

Got my wheels re-powdered last week aswell and rolled my arches at same time so no more scraping.. Fallen in love with it again

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Did you get the front arches rolled too mate?

Reaction score
Hired a roller and did them all. Rolled the rears then rolled and flared the fronts..

Front are really easy to do, rears are a bit more tricky as there double skinned..

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, good work. Could you post some pics up of the fronts please? Mine rub on the lip and in the arch, so if I ever get chance I'll re-route the wiring loom in the arch slightly and modify the liner to take out the low spots. Should be good then.. no rubbing but still nice and low :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Erm, both if you can mate. I just wanted to see how the arch liner copes with being pulled out a bit. Need to get something done on mine ASAP as it's doing my head in now. I swear it's lowered itself about 10mm more over the last year! Probably the springs sagging slightly.

Reaction score
i raised mine a little when i put it back together as it were rubbing into my wiring loom in the front arch..

Liner seems quite happy BTW with flare but if all else fails rip it out dude!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'd never rip the liners out, they are there for a reason!

Last resort would be to re-route the wiring loom and modify the liners to take out the low spots.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Craig my liner came off the car on the way down to Devon a few weeks ago - at some serious speed on Motorway!! Luckily it got jammed on tyre and never flew off and damaged my car (or another one)...

So you know what? I ripped the whole lot out!! Stupid things :D :D

W

WhitelineJim

G'day everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Just one quick point on bars and sizes. There was a bit of discussion on upgraded swaybar sizes compared to stock.

Its important to keep in mind that the stock 20mm rear on many Nissan platforms is actually a 20mm tube. That would typically be around 30% lighter in rate than an equivalent 20mm solid. All Whiteline swaybars are solid so our 20mm fixed or adjustable option would always be of a much higher rate than a bar made from 20mm tube.

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
jim@whiteline.com.au