What's new

Turbo water feed

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Hi Guys,

Can anyone provide a part number for the water feed from the wtaer pump to the side of the turbo? Mine seems to have cracked and losing water at an alarming rate :(

Not sure if it;ll make a difference, but I've one of the early S15 ball bearing turbo's.

Cheers guys
Russ

D

djmasterg

Not sure if that is the right solution, but you could try ebay and go for braided pipes - a lot more resistant to vibrations, etc. they go for 50GPB + shipping.

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Thanks.
I did spot these on eBay 370419615721 but would like to try and get something by the end of the week if possible.
Thought dealer part would be the best chance of that.
I'm considering those hoses as the backup plan :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi mate,

I really wouldn't recommend going to Nissan to get the stock OEM water line for block to turbo. The reason why it's failed now is because they get very brittle over time as they are solid lines so it's bound to happen again over time.

Have a look at Hose Solution's replacement braided lines for S15:

http://www.hosesolutions.org.uk/ind...t_info&cPath=1533_1534_1535&products_id=25210

Much cheaper than stock OEM direct replacements and these are just as easy to fit - you just have to re-use the OEM banjo bolt that goes at each end of the water braided hose and order some replacement copper washers (can do from Nissan as I did recently and they're not that cheaper either grrrr!!)...

Reaction score
we just did the line on a s15 a few weeks ago, he was on his second line and it cracked again... the solid lines from nissan don't seem to be braized properly so it leaves a weak spot and cracks due to vibration.. all i can suggest is go straight for braid and get a hoist :p

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Cheers once again guys.
It is looking like the braided hoses then.
Although not ideal, can anyone see any reason why I can't use the existing banjo bolts and washers?
I need to get this done asap and don't want to be waiting around for parts.
The ebay item I mentioned came with replacement everything from what I could see, but delivery from Japan means I wouldn't have it by the weekend.
So the Hose Solutions does look like my best bet for a quick repair, but doesn't come with bolts or washers.

Russ

Reaction score
you could always take it out get it braized where it is cracked and put it back in while you wait for the braided line... just don't go smashing it everywhere. quick repair wouldn't cost much

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
No you DEFINITELY CAN use the original banjo bolts for all the water and oil turbo lines!!

The braided hoses will come with banjos that match the original size so once taken off, clean up the stock banjo bolts and re-use.

DO NOT re-use the copper washers because they are designed to shape to the banjo against the block/bolt once tightened. Well in honesty I did and within a year a couple started leaking coolant from the copper washers. They distort and my recommendation is to never re-use these!!

I can't for the life of me remember the size of the copper washers - remember they are different between the oil and water turbo lines and the banjo bolt sizes (plus the ID of the braided hoses) are slightly different between the two. The oil line is smaller diameter than the two water lines. You should be able to order the copper washers from Nissan as I did and they came the next day :)