What's new

removing standard aero skirts?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i need some info.....

has anyone removed the standard skirts without damaging any clips etc? it looks simple enough with the end caps and underneath having the self tapping screws but i see that there are clips that pin it to the bodywork - do these simply pop out when you pull the skirt straight off? cheers in advance all :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Someone has put those double sided sticky foam pads on my skirts for extra support at the top, dont know if thats a factory thing or not.. but it'd look pretty tonk if the skirts come off and theres the remains of that left on. probably just my car tho

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They just pop out but take some force. There is double sided sticky stuff all along them too IIRC - well the end piece at the front definitely does, along with 2 hidden clips. I would only take them off if you have to. What are you taking them off for BTW? :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
when i do the stonechip coat on the underside i want to take it up to the sills - much easier with the skirts off :) cheers for the info guys, if anyone has any more please let me know ;)