What's new

Oil level help

Reaction score
Country
Well Im going to be doing my first service soon and was wondering where do you fill the oil upto on the stick? this might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure, is it the line by the H or is it the kink in the dipstick further up as my dads BMW has to be filled upto the kink in the dipstick, cheers guys. Nicko :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ what Dean says... I fill mine to 'H' everytime. Make sure you re-check after driving for a day or two as well :thumbs:

As a tip I always fill mine with 3.5 litres straight off as long as I've taken oil filter out and believe most of the oil has been dumped out of the block etc. I think in the books the SR20 takes about 3.75 but to avoid risk of over-filling wack in 3.5 and then do it in small stages after checking dipstick and letting it settle :)

It actually takes nearer 4 litres for mine now cos of the oil cooler system being installed!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always put in the 3.7 ltrs with a new oil filter. I have an oil cooler but it doesn't drain when I drop the sump oil.From what I have been told if your a couple of 100mls over it wont do any harm.

Reaction score
Country
Ok cheers guys, to the H mark it is, bit of a dumb question but rather be safe than sorry. Cheers Nicko :wave: