What's new

Spec S Turbo Conversion

T

Tazzy

Hi,

I've searched the forum to find out if this has been done and if so how much it roughly costs?

But I can't find the answers! :annoyed:

Has this been done on this forum before?

Are there any success stories of it!?

Also how much are front suspension bushes for these beasts?

Regards

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
its far easier to buy a spec r turbo engine and turbo with the ancilleries and fit it to your spec s mate. the na sr20de engine will need a lot of work to make it a reliable turbo engine and produce similar results to the sr20det. you can get replacement suspension bushes from driftworks or apex

T

Tazzy

I just found a thread on here of someone doing the change!

Sounds like too much money to be fair! lol

I found a Spec S for £4500 and thought if the conversion will cost me 2500 i'll do it but that's not going to happen! LOL

I got my eye on a Auto Spec R so see what happens there...

Thank you for the links to the bushes if I get the spec R that will come in handy!

I didn't know the bushes for these were this cheap!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you'd be surprised mate, parts are relatively cheap, but that doesnt mean you wont spend a fortune on parts lol.

if it was me i would much rather convert an auto spec r to manual than convert a spec s to turbo......i wouldn't think an auto car would of seen too much abuse...
spec r chassis is stiffer due to additional bracing, you wouldnt have to mess with wiring, and the actual box conversion could probably be completed in a day - then just the fitting of other bits like the master and slave cylinder and pedal :)

to save money you could go with an s14 box, flywheel, prop and clutch, pedal, master and slave cylinder and all in all it shouldn't cost a fortune....but diff ratios might need looking into ;)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Talk to Auss15. He converted his spec r auto to manual.

T

Tazzy

hmm that's a new thought!

I've just renewed my insurance on the Mazda!!

But still on the hunt for a S15!

Still waiting for the guy with the spec r to come back to me though :(