What's new

Service time

Reaction score
Country
Well as some of you may know ive just bought the chargespeed ex demo car and im well pleased with it. But now its time to just overhaul it checking everything etc just so I kow its tip top, but Ive done a bit of reserch on oils and it seems theres just some many different oils to choose from so I need to know what you guys think. im not going to be thrashing the car just normal driving and occasional fast road driving.

1. Engine oil (make grade quantity)
2. gearbox oil (make grade quantity)
3. diff oil (make grade quantity)
4. spark plugs (make and heat range)

also what things to check over while im giving her a service, many thanks, Nicko :)

Reaction score
Country
From personal experience i'll go with:
1. Motul 300V Competition 15W50
2. Motul Gear 300 75W90
3. hmmm can't remember from the top of my head.
4. NGK BKR7EIX (i assume that the car has pretty decent mods done to it...)

This will be my advices, i don't know if these are the best options out there, but they have worked for me pretty well.. hope this helps!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
these are just what i use, not neccessarily what you HAVE to use, you could prefer a certain brand but the basic grades and specs of the lubricants need to be followed unless you have specific plans for the car (heavy track work etc) then a change in grades might be in order to cope with the work :)

1. quality 5w40 fully synthetic (i use millers cfs or fuchs titan (formerly silkolene))
2. quality 75w90 semi or fully synthetic gear oil to gl5/6 spec (i use redline syn 75w90)
3. quality 75w90 lsd gear oil to gl5/6 spec (i use silkolene boa 90 ls)
4. depends on engine spec, you can use ngk bkr7eix iridium or bcpr7es copper for a standard/mildly tuned car or grade bkr8eix or bcr8es plugs with more a tuned engine (gapped to spec also)....other brand plugs can be used (denso etc)but the ngk's tend to be a favourite :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just to add to the list of things to check on a general service:

1. Nuts/bolts for turbo to elbow plus elbow to downpipe. These can come loose quite easily over time due to constant hot/cold fluctuations.
2. Ensure rad water is topped up.
3. Don't forget to change the oil filter. Easiest way is to pop into Halfords and buy same filter as S14 200SX.
4. If fuel filter looks dusty/dirty from the outside then this has probably not been changed for a while so worth looking into but requires a little more time and I'd make sure you have some spare fuel hosing (8mm ID) as backup before you start the job lol.
5. If air filter is dirty then this needs replacing or cleaning with hot soapy water depending on type of filter.
6. Don't forget to check all aspects of the braking system from fluid level to pad/disc wear!

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the help guys, ive ordered myself some silkolene pro s 5w40 engine oil and K&N oil filter also some NGK iridium plugs just to give the engine a bit of a freshen up, then im going to move onto the transmission at a later date. Cheers Nicko