What's new

Bee*R Limiter

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok I've been reading up on this recently... I'd like a limiter kit that I can install and slightly drop the rev limit on drift days etc. Is this possible since I don't have stock ECU and instead have Apexi PFC with it's own rev limit set? Will the Bee*R unit allow me to drop the rev limit slightly?

And yes I've seen all the debates and reasons not to install but I'm not doing this to set the GAIN on the highest possible and get atomic explosions down the mani and turbo lol :wack: so maybe with rocker stoppers this shouldn't destroy the engine/turbo :rolleyes:

Anyone fitted this to their S15??

Cheers,

J

Reaction score
Even though you're not putting the gain up for epic flames and popping, these are still bad for the engine. They screw around with the ignition and CAS signal and will break the engine, the most common problem being breaking a rocker - a rocker arm stopper kit will not stop this from occurring.

What's your reason for setting the rev limit down when drifting? Just give it less man-foot :D

:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers dude - I was very 50/50 about getting this as I could do without breaking engines at the mo... fair enough might install this when my gearbox conversion is sorted, K-Sport brakes fitted and I'm ready for engine rebuild and turbo upgrade at same time lol :)

Giving it less gas is easier said than done... and I'm only hitting limiters on 1st gear shizzle in the dry cos it still takes some to light up my tyres when there's no entry speed haha. Different case on proper drift tracks in 3rd tho :thumbs:

Reaction score
Sounds good mate :)

Yeah I used to have the same problem with getting the car to slide in 2nd with no entry speed. Best thing is to clutch kick it hard, but you don't want to blow up your 6-Speed! Another thing you could dry is pump the tyres up a lot. I used to roll around with 45psi in my rear tyres all the time in case the opportunity for some streeto ever came up lol.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
what he said^^ rocker arm stoppers dont stop you from breaking the rocker arms when bouncing it off the limiter using a bee r mate, they are there to try and prevent the arm from getting loose and bouncing around the head. these things are meant to be bad news for the valvetrain full stop....

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Toby - I'm not sure mate will ask Steve next time I get her mapped :thumbs:

Yeah sounds like Bee*R really is bad news so I'll steer well clear!!

I used to clutch kick loads but trying to use this technique less now and more using momentum/wand/braking weight shift methods since my 6 speed is getting more and more noisy and certain gear engagements are getting very annoying :wack: Having the twin plate doesn't help so when I've got the RB box conversion sorted AND I have it back to single plate clutch I'll be kicking happily with my left foot all day :D