What's new

SR20DET Water Pump

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
My water pump is going but luckily I have caught the problem. What I would like to know is does the s15 pump vary to the s14. I have tried to find one online but cant confirm if there is a difference. Also my car is modded with all other kinds of upgrades and I have read that if you are running in the 320bhp+ that an upgraded pump like jun (around £400) needs to be used.

Anyone know if I can put an oe on and if so where to source. Cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Thanks Dean, dont fancy putting up £400+ if i dont have to plus my car is a daily drive and not taken to the edge or for a substantial amount of time. Apex want 60+ and camskill want 32ish but just need to check it against my chassis no. Should be ok though.

I dont have the viscous fan on and I have noticed that I'm only getting a 5 degree increase in water temp on my defi's. So at a constant 80mph its 80 deg cent, once I replace the pump I'm tempted to leave the fan off - any suggestions as to wheter this is a good idea and what does the standard elec fan kick in at?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Standard electric fans kick in at 90 deg. I know this cos I've got viscous removed, stock electric removed and now the original harness for electric is relayed to my Japspeed twin electric fans sat on my 50mm rad.

Apexi PFC which shows water temp reading for ECU kicks in the fans at 90 deg. And seems to turn off at 85 deg.

I've heard the viscous is very good when combined with electric so I'm sure you'll need it when sat in traffic on a hot day or if you're pushing her like when drifting/tracking. But if these conditions don't apply then maybe you can keep it off the car :)