What's new

Is the water temp. normal for my car?

E

Endless

Hi, I have a Spec R and my water temp. is running 90 Celsius normally these days (outside temp. is around 30C), is it normal? or I need to do something about it to be on the safe side? :confused:

M

Meddy

Endless3 said:
Hi, I have a Spec R and my water temp. is running 90 Celsius normally these days (outside temp. is around 30C), is it normal? or I need to do something about it to be on the safe side? :confused:
Cruising around mine usually sits at around 81-83 but on long runs in hot wether I have seen it up at 88 degrees but never hotter. It does depend on how accurate my Power FC is though.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That temperature isn't inconceivable for the ambient temp you quoted. What do you guys find down under?

Maybe a silly question, but have you checked your radiator level?

S

silvias15

Mine stays around 80-81degC.

From memory during 30+degC days, water temp sits around 84-86degC with the a/c on.

Reaction score
me too - 80-81C with an ambient temp of around 20C. I've had it up to 101C on the track.

I'd flush your radiator and refill with the correct ratio of antifreeze first. Then start checking things like theromstat, hose blockages, radiator leaks etc .