What's new

Taking apart headlights

Reaction score
Hey guys, soo im sure everyone has seen the LED strips that Audi's have on their headlights as well as many other cars. Now i was just wondering is it possible to take apart the s15 headlights and place an LED strip inside? Also how do you even take apart the headlight, as in separate the plastic bit from where the lights sit?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The headlights are sealed units. You can get them apart but it's not easy. If you want aftermarket headlights look at the clearcorners website. Those 'Audi' strips should be left in Audi's and Saxo's IMO :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you want proper LEDs, do it properly. This was the Clearcorners conversion done on mine when I had it.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah that conversion is sublime...

lol I thought I was the only one who thought 'Fairy Lights' were best placed in Audi's, Corsa's and I think I saw a Punto with them the other day... CRAIG??!! hahahaha :p :D :D

S

S15 SILVIA

Let's be honest, they are just a sh!t fad!
Just like lexus lights, and F&F graphics were.
Some things are best left alone as they will just make a nice car crap!
Chrome spinners anyone?
Lil

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Saying that, I'm looking to fit some LED fog lights to the Surf so I can use them as daytime running lights instead of the main headlights (daytime lights required in Finland). They're light, bright and use very little power.