SMALL but WORTHY modifications??

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi guys,

I've come across a few things for sale on DB Power that I've not seen before and wondered if these are worth the money? Ok it's not expensive items but as a principle (apart from asthetic stuff), I'm not in the habit of modding for modding's sake lol... I wanna make sure these upgrades serve a purpose :wack:

First is the Front Lower Brace - does this replace an existing brace I've seen which sits right in the middle above the undertray?

http://www.db-power.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=128_147_249&products_id=352

Next up is the Power Steering Cooler Kit - bearing in mind I do a fair bit of drifting/track/streeto and usually when I let the car cool on circuit I can see the reservoir bubbling do I really need this?

http://www.db-power.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=128_147_249&products_id=710

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
The PS cooler could be useful if you get alot of track time. The brace is really not needed, the S15 is already stiff enough that making the front end any stiffer will just make you loose grip.

Reaction score
PS Cooler would be useful if you're regularly cleaning off power steering fluid from the reservoir. Problem is its just more tubing in an already crowded engine, but I would personally get one to be on the safe side.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The PS cooler is a dead simple bit of kit. If you want one I'd personally buy a small cooler from ebay and some hose/hose clamps from a motorfactors to make the kit yourself for half the price.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the front lower brace makes the front crossmember basically the same as a nismo powerbrace apart from its not welded on :)

Reaction score
Country
Power steering cooler = good idea if you're tracking your car a lot.
I tracked my old BMW 320si and the power steering pump exploded on that due to pressure build up because of the heat.. lol. that car wasnt designed to drift haha.
that put if off the road a few days and would have cost a few hundred quid if it wasnt under warranty and i hadnt blagged the mechanic that 'the steering just went heavy one day' haha

Reaction score
I'm using the Nismo power brace and its justv a bolt on. It firms up the chassis rails. When I put it on it made the front more positive in the corners.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cool - thanks for all the replies/advice guys :thumbs:

First up will be the PAS cooler kit... might try to sort my own Craig but we'll see if I have time to source all the parts seperately lol :)