What's new

New wheels = tyre trouble, help wanted

Reaction score
Just wondering really what are the advantage of coilovers for someone that’s never had them. For about 200 euro I can get a set of lowering springs that will raise my car and I can get my new wheels on it.
Looking at drift works they have a package deal for just short 1100pound “1300euro”. Is there that big a difference in a set of coilovers.
Just wondering from peoples experience what they think. I will never take the car on a track its just for every day driving and the odd bit of speed when some c**t gets in my way.
If I change the springs and am then able to get my 18” wheels on will the garage be able to set up the rest camber etc.
Or is this where the coilovers come into their own? allowing for proper wheel alignment.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mate, honestly, coilovers are the does it all solution to getting an exact ride height you want along with adjustability on the damping side of things. with the cost of them on group buys its hard to justify not getting them....apex do a 'comfy' coilover setup for fast road that are meant to be great for the money :)
http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=424051
if you're quick you might be able to get a group buy price on them.......

Reaction score
Ah i was more wondering what is the advantage of coilovers.
Dean think that tread it closed but i emailed the guy anyway, and its quite a useful link cheers.
Sliding-super k
think ill go with the coilovers instead of spring thanks anyway.

V

vti_coupw

your better off going with coilovers man, more adjustment and you can set the car up the way you like it, with springs you just get the drop, coilovers will give you alot better handling and give you more confidence to push on the car and hav more fun, havnt seen ya around galway in ages!

Reaction score
Was out in the states for a bit of a holiday, but back in galway now. pass through city centre most days about half 7. seen ya about two months back outside, topaz on the lough atalia rd. I was sitting in traffic beside ya was in the fathers corolla, tried gettin your attention be ya were in a world of your own.
Would ya still have that cat that i could borrow. was done for speeding and now have to produce my nct cert to galway barracks. so need to get it sorted.

V

vti_coupw

i havnt had my 15 on the road since febuary man so i doubt it was me, yeah i still hav the cat here in shed bud so whenevr ya want i gimme a shout