What's new

6 speed in a spec s?

K

Kieran

Dose anyone know if its possible to fit a 6 speed box from a turbo into my spec s? Would i have to modify the mounts or whats the story.

Thanks,

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
It has to be possible as there are S15's with S14a gearbox's (which are the same as the Spec S) & S14a's with S15 6 speed boxes but I haven't seen it done in a Spec S.... Evilchap had a 6 speed in his 200sx so he might be able to shed some light on whats required for the swap :thumbs:

Reaction score
on s15 na autech version there is a 6 speed gearbox , i think it is possible , but if oyu have a stoch engine maybe it will be too "hard " four your engine because between na gearbox and turbo gearbox we havent the same final gear (4.701 vs 3.11 ( im not sur about this numbers ))

K

Kieran

I'm an amature here but i plan to tune my sr20de to the same spec as the autec version eg.. rebuild the head with high lift cams, free flow induction/exhaust them remap her 200bhp(if thats possible) surly it could handle the gigger ratio then ?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I had the same plan :eek: BIG money though :( The Autech runs much higher compression than the standard DE too :thumbs:

Mazworks in America do VE head swap kits ;) so get the kit, an SR20VE head & some SR16VE N1 cams :cool:

K

Kieran

Headshop

What have you done to yours? whats the best way to get a bit more power from the sr20de?. could i change the compreeion with a stroker kit, would i save much money doing it myself ( by that i mean my old man dose it and i watch)