What's new

would Factory Spec R boot brace bolt into Spec S body?

Reaction score
It's not plug and play, the plates that the brace mounts to are missing from spec S chassis but they do have the holes where the bolts would go through the plate. The fuel tank plates are also not in a spec S

Reaction score
Country
Oh Jesus H. Christ. See now this thread is useless again. These conflicting answers are annoying. I'll see if I can look for myself

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
It's real easy mate, get an m8 bolt and go in the boot. Look for the holes on the chassis rail either side and try the bolt. If it threads into all 4, you're in business. If the holes aren't there or aren't threaded them you'll have to do additional work to make it fit

Reaction score
Country
Thats strange, cant think of the previous owner made all the holes and threads to install all the bracing. On mine it looks like it was all prepared to bolt on from factory.

Reaction score
I've got a spec S and a spec R and my missus has a spec S. Both spec S's don't have the mounting plates in them for the rear brace. They have black bungs where the bolts would go through if they had the plate on top.

Reaction score
Country
I've got a spec S and a spec R and my missus has a spec S. Both spec S's don't have the mounting plates in them for the rear brace. They have black bungs where the bolts would go through if they had the plate on top.
Are they all JDM?

Thats strange, cant think of the previous owner made all the holes and threads to install all the bracing. On mine it looks like it was all prepared to bolt on from factory.
What about yours? JDM?

Reaction score
Yeah of course, dont think anyone would import from aus or New Zealand. Just seen your from New Zealand so I guess yours could be different

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I'm on tapatalk so I can't see your countries atm. Mines JDM too. I'll try and have a look today

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
If you really want to fit it then you could just locate the holes, drill down the holes through the chassis rail and then use long bolts with a washer and nut under the car - just be sure to cover any bare metal to prevent rust. Once you have a brace and lay it in there the solution will be apparent and very easy to do. It wouldn't be a bodge if done properly...

Reaction score
I'm having plates the same as my spec R welded into the spec S to put the all the braces in.

Reaction score
Website
www.hoodoo.co.nz
Country
Sorry to bring this up again, but it's worth noting that the Spec S and Spec R have different carpets - not sure if the boot board was a different shape, but the carpet in the Spec R has cutouts for the brace.

Reaction score
Country
I intend to rip the carpet out for my boot anyway for my battery relocation anyway. I still haven't got around to checking my chassis as there's too much stuff in the way

Edit: finally had a look. No deal. There are holes but they have no threads. I can't be bothered going to the effort to get a threaded plate under there myself so I'll flag the idea of installing one for now. Such a shame

Last edited: