What's new

Lsd

Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on this?This fella is selling an lsd he was told came off an s14a.He has sent me pics of the internals and housing.S15 half shafts are 6 bolt pattern arent they and anyone know (even with the bad photo) if it is a 1.5 way.He is selling real cheap and i just wanta see why?

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
It's kinda hard to tell if it's a 1.5 or 2-way. From the picture it kinda looks like an open diff. Turn one of the output shafts and make sure the other one turns in the same direction, if it turns in the opposite direction it's open. I can tell you it's not a Nismo, viscous, or Tomei diff.

Reaction score
cheers.i will do.wonder is there many seals etc that i could replace if i bought it?

Reaction score
What make of LSD is it surpose to be? I don't think there's many seal on a LSD just the friction plates wear down so you have to get them re-shimed i do believe.

Reaction score
he doesnt know what make it is.he bought an s14a for its running gear and realised that it had an lsd.Are the friction plates expensive and are they easy to replace?