What's new

ABS Light

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Back again, just a quickie - I had all new tyres put on my car yesterday and then the ABS light came on....any ideas? I have searched but can't seem to see anything!

Thanks again

Samx

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Are all the tyres the same size?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Strange, they must have disturbed part of the system while removing/refitting the wheels then I guess, unless a problem coincidentally occurred at the same time as the tyres being fitted..

I think there is a way of reading fault codes from the ABS ECU but have never done it so can't really help any further.

Reaction score
Checked to see if any of the ABS sensors were damaged or the wiring and same time check and see if the sensor itself maybe got some dust trapped on it that could be throwing it off. Get a compressor and blow some air around the sensor to clean any debris.

Reaction score
Will do!

A friend suggested taking the battery off for a while to reset, did this and the light went out, but now it comes on from time to time and I've notice some movement in the brake pedal at slow braking speeds....

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Probably a sensor/wiring issue that the tyre fitters caused when un/installing...

Reaction score
Maybe that it may have some dirt stuck by one of the sensors triggering it on and off.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Will do!

A friend suggested taking the battery off for a while to reset, did this and the light went out, but now it comes on from time to time and I've notice some movement in the brake pedal at slow braking speeds....
I had a similar problem with my previous S15. Turned out to be metal dust on the sensors. They attract that stuff as the sensors are magnetic. removed them from the calipers and gave them a good clean and the problem dissapeared.

sx-si

Reaction score
abs light comes on if there isnt enough break fluid ;)

anybody know how to re-wire it so it onlly comes on for a second on start up
so it will pass mot

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, the handbrake light comes on when the brake fluid is low.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions - had the sensor area cleaned up a bit and it seems to have resolved itself now!