What's new

Engine warning light blinking?

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
When I accelerate on a full gas, engine warning light (yellow one) starts to blinking after 5000rpm.

It happens only when the gaspedal is pressed to bottom. If I loosen pedal a bit, its not blinking.

What can make this or is it normal? Some kind of warning that you are approaching revlimiter?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I get this very rarely when I'm at full thottle and usually does this when bouncing off the limiter. I think the ECU thinks there's something wrong and is warning you but I've got the Apexi PFC with safe map by Steve so not sure why mine is doing the same?!

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
I have Apex PFC too and its mapped also.. I don't know about safe maps?

I should install oil pressure gauge but at the moment I don't know oil pressure :/

Reaction score
From what you describe - you have a detonation issue. The blinking yellow light means the power FC is detecting detonation. When it happens, get off the gas. Best to have the car tuned on a dyno to remove the lean spot.

Reaction score
It can be 3 things,detonation,injectors maxing out or airflow meter.If you have the Power FC hand controller check what your knock readings are.

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
It can be 3 things,detonation,injectors maxing out or airflow meter.If you have the Power FC hand controller check what your knock readings are.

Knocking readings is always below 25, usually it doesn't even get to 20. Could it really be injectors or airflow meter?? Because I'm almost maxing out both of those :(

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah makes sense now. I'm in exactly the same boat as Marcus...

My knock readings from PFC shows about 16 on every journey and stays there. Even in hot weather and Nurburgring so it's not det :)

Must be cos my stock injectors are maxing as when I hit the limiter I notice the PFC says injectors have reached 100%.

Reaction score
Thats what the engine management light comes on for. Its there to tell the driver that damage could happen because)not enough fuel-lean out-hot- damage)not enough air-rich-damage components) knock-detonation-kabom.

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Thanks to all you :) I should buy new MAF and injectors asap. Btw what is critical knocking level? I mean if controller shows lets say 35, is it already bad? My friends S14 is something achieving knocking level to 40...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Ah makes sense now. I'm in exactly the same boat as Marcus...

My knock readings from PFC shows about 16 on every journey and stays there. Even in hot weather and Nurburgring so it's not det :)

Must be cos my stock injectors are maxing as when I hit the limiter I notice the PFC says injectors have reached 100%.
I get this from time to time, again only if I really boot it. I have a Power FC but haven't got a clue how to use it and never plug it in. If its ok with you Lupix can you show me how to work it at the summer meet please :)

Sorry for jumping on your thread...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi mate,

I'm not so sure about how it plugs in myself but will have a look for you when we meet up no probs :)

I only know how to look through the menu system as the original mapper set everything up for me but I'm sure it's not difficult with two heads better than one and all that lol :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Does anyone know if there is a way of monitoring your knock level through the standard ECU/Datascan?