What's new

Rebuild time...

T

Toby

Well as you may have read, the first few months of my S15 ownership has been somewhat sour, however I am still very enthuseatic about the car and its future so..

Engine is full out, head has been taken to my machineist who is going to give it a skim to bring back to life.

The arse end of the engine however is not so good, I have a replacement block on its way to me, and the plan is to move everything from my current engine into the new block (bar pistons).

No really intrested in going down the forged route, Its possible I'll go for a GT2871 at some point, but even with that punching out around 1 - 1.1bar i see no real need.

What I need is Suggestions on what Bearings and gasket I should be using, I understand ACL are very well recconised, along with the ARP head bolts.

Head gasket wise I'm still not sure of, other than it will be metal!

What else should i Be getting in, Is it bet to just get the full OEM Nissan gasket set?

Thanks all :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm no expert on rebuilds etc (hopefully know more when I come to try this myself).

Over the years it seems the recommendation has always been ARP head bolts plus HKS MHG. I hear mixed reviews about Cometic HG's.

The crank definitely needs checking out as if you've had detotation and problems like that, there could be damage to this part of the engine I would have thought... This is where grinding and re-balancing comes into the fold methinks!