What's new

CS2 suspension question

D

djmasterg

Hi guys,

I just bought this:

Is there any fitting guide for that? I know it may be a hell of a job but I have a mechanic who accepted to do this - but I need a bit of assurance in case he will get lost with all of those parts.

Will be greatful for any help,
Greg.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I saw some diagrams for this the other day,will try find em and post em up for ya! Some serious looking stuff there dude if you don't mind me asking how much ddid that all set ya back mate???

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It's a lot simpler than it looks. Yeah it's a relatively big job but anyone that knows what their doing shouldn't have a problem. I'd probably intend to build the new subframe up as much as possible before attaching it to the car by fitting the arms, hubs, shafts, diff etc first. Imagine it's easier to build it up on a bench than under the car :)

Reaction score
Wow, what an awesome set up!

Having stripped my old 14, its relatively straight forward, but quite time consuming.

I *think* you can get the old subframe off by just unbolting the prop shaft from the diff, removing exhaust, unbolting the suspension and then drop it all out. Should all be fairly clear when you're under it!

I can say it'll handle awesomely on CS2s, I'll be slapping my set on when I've got time :)

D

djmasterg

I was browsing the driftworks.com forum and saw it in private sales section. A nice guy had it for 1200 plus shipping. So we made a deal. Parts are brand new, so I thnik it's not so bad. Still - I am missing all the screws and bolts so I have to do some shopping :) BTW: Does anybody know a good internet shop with screws?
As Craig said - I will build everything before getting it to the car. The other problem is to find a good garage to do the alignment and geometry.

Reaction score
What a absolute bargin i did see this myself, i would have snapped it up if it wasn't for the fact that i've pritty much bought all these components already. I have found though that the bare metal components of the arms corrode pritty badly. so if you maybe were to put some silicone grease spray or so on these components this might be prevented.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Christ that is a bargain :eek: I paid over €1k on the coilovers alone when I got them for mine! They're fantastic coilovers which complimented my set up perfectly but I'd imagine this will be immense on track!!!

D

djmasterg

Hi guys

Yeah I knew the normal price from driftworks shop, so I didn't have to think twice :) although I now EAT rear camber arms for breakfast and subframe bushes for supper - no money left on my card :) But I assume that is normal life of s15 owners...

Reaction score
Ah you're the lucky guy who snapped that up!

Once that's gonna be on the car and set up correctly, the handling's gonna be out of this world!

I've just put the following on my car and it's like driving a different car, drifts so well now!:

HSD HR 8/6kg Coilovers
Driftworks Rose-Jointed Tension Rods
Driftworks Rose-Jointed Camber Arms
Driftworks Rose-Jointed Toe Arms
Driftworks Rose-Jointed Traction Rod Arms
Driftworks Front Lower Arm Polybushes
Driftworks Rear Lower Arm Polybushes
Driftworks Toe + Camber + Traction Rear Hub Polybushes
Apex Steering Rack Bushes
Steering Angle Spacers
Locking Collars

Reaction score
Hi guys

Yeah I knew the normal price from driftworks shop, so I didn't have to think twice :) although I now EAT rear camber arms for breakfast and subframe bushes for supper - no money left on my card :) But I assume that is normal life of s15 owners...
Whys it eating camber arms? Haven't heard of that before!

D

djmasterg

Whys it eating camber arms? Haven't heard of that before!
HI - I meant that I eat them parts for breakfast instead of food - because went almost broke after buing that stuff. Anyway - has anybody found anything about installation? I had a look today on the front and that seems quite easy.
I will post some photos how will it be done - maybe a step by step installation - will see how it goes.
Regards
Greg.

D

djmasterg

HI everybody,

Quick question: how should I mount front ARB (anti roll bar) to this DW lower arm? On this photo you can see that the standard bolt is a bit too long

Reaction score
Best bet would be to PM Phil and they on the Driftworks site and they can forward you the manuals.