What's new

Oil Pressure Gauge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Noticed yesterday that the oil pressure was showing lower than it usually does on the gauge and that the gauge appears to be a bit erratic - at one point it was showing 0 pressure!! :cry:

I've just been over to see Greg at Protuner, and he had a good look at it, and it looks like it might be the gauge (but I've booked it in for a proper oil rail check (sorry if that's not the correct term, I'm not very technical) in a couple of weeks.....

Anyone else had this problem / can confirm that its a gauge issue??

Thanks v much for your help :nod:

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
My needle was flying about the place before and my pressure sender had ****ed up. Mine also goes funny if the car has an air leak of some sort.

It would be odd if your oil ways had randomly got clogged up. MY bet would be a sender issue.

Reaction score
Again sounds like a dodge sender unit. On my car i see oil pressures as low as 1.3 bar (around 19psi) on walm idle. and around 6 bar walm above 4k rev's (around 87psi). I can some time see 7bar and slightly above when oils cold at any rev.

Hope this helps.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I think the main symptom of very low oil pressure would be a very hot engine as the oil is not lubricating properly and circulating some of the heat away etc.

Well that's my POV :)

So by the looks of it your engine isn't overheating and like the other guys I'd say sender/gauge faulty...

Last edited: