MIHIR AMIN

they make a full reinforced gearbox, was on the phone to japan this morning

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
:eek: wow, Nicely told me on Sunday you werent gonna make it and had ordered a Nismo gearbox, i almost choked..... I'm just jelous really :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
MIHIR AMIN said:
its about ?1700 plus ?200 postage
That wasn't so bad. I thought the Nismo box would cost like the HKS one.
is it 6-speed?
Seems like alot of 4-500hp D1 S15 run the nismo box so it should be good. :thumbs:

S

S15R

nismo gearset for s15 is about 3000aud
probablly better to buy the whole box

M

MIHIR AMIN

yep i ordered it last night its the full gearbox the description is reinforced close 6 transmission assy for SR20DET. i would have just got the internals but my gearbox casing cracked :( so i needed to go for the whole thing. while its at the garage im going to have an exedy clutch, hks ssqv, nismo strut brace, apexi power intake and most importantly nismo clear side repeaters fitted :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
u might aswell hehe thats what happens when something goes u tened to spend more on it at the same time....what about a fmic then

M

MIHIR AMIN

going to hold off on the fmic im still really upset its all going to take 4 weeks to come, nismo have to make the gearbox they only make something silly like 7 every few months or every month. gonna try get a set of rota gtr wheels on as well before the car comes out of garage. most likely going to take my car to abbey motorsport they seem nice.
NO S15 FOR 5 WEEKS= 5 WEEKS OF TORTURE

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I thought three weeks was a bit optimistic... :( Especially when its coming from Nengun too...

Going to be worth the wait though :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
We want a full very detailed review of the Nismo gearbox after it's been fitted :D
I thought the closest thing to an aftermarket gearbox available for the S15 would set me back a kidney and a half.

What could a good condition S15 6-speed be worth second hand :)

M

MIHIR AMIN

i ordered all the parts off perfectrun is there anything else u guys would recomend going for in terms of modifications. The car is stock at the moment other than suspension, id be so lost without this forum

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The main four are Nengun, Japanparts, Perfectrun, and Greenline. Perfectrun are great for OEM parts :thumbs: Both Nengun and Perfectrun can be a bit slow with orders sometimes...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'd say stay the way it is, untill you get used to it and are happy that you can handle more.

Its all to easy to say, injectors, up the boost, fmic etc etc, all that stuff is good, but if you cant handle the car and drive it hard then there is no point :no:

I'm quite happy with my level of tune, its not much more powerfull than stock but i'm happy that i can drive it hard around the type of roads i do (normally B roads) - main things are suspension and brakes, for me without these you can have all the power you want, but show it a track that the guy with the sorted setup will be faster :nod:

S

S15R

my mate just bought a HKS gearbox for his s15

very noisy :D

nismo gearbox should be quiet and thats what i want, if the 2nd gear gets worse then i might aswell buy the nismo gearsets :)

M

MIHIR AMIN

Well ill let you guys know how the box goes. I drive my car pretty hard, in my friend circle there is an rx7 and a 3000gt so im always competing against them two but i seem to have the edge over them at the moment. Except top end speed on the 3000gt.

Reaction score
you should be able to beat your friends 3000GT (we call them GTO's in NZ) to your top speed even if his is higher as those things weigh about 1750kg! (unless he has 800hp). Barely anyone modifies GTO's in NZ as they're tanks and cost a fortune to repair. 5 and 6spds are also very rare or thrashed if you can find one.