What's new

Caliper problem HELP!!!

Reaction score
I tried to fit a R34 brembo rear caliper on my S15 yesterday.
The S15 connecting bolt from the brake line dosent fit into the R34 caliper some reason.
it tore the thred right out of the Caliper itself.
now i know what ya thinking it must of been a crossthred or something, i can asure you it wasent because i tried sevral times before i went ahead and ****ed it.
only reason why it tore out was because the thred was a realy tight fit and i coudlent determin the estimated torque that was requierd because it was so hard to turn.
anyone got any idears on what actions i can take
eather i get a new caliper or get it rethreded and get a new connecting bolt made up?
any sugestions?

Reaction score
Country
i did'nt fit the standard s15 brake hoses on mine as it didn't fit.
i got some goodgridge hose that was dedicated for the conversion.
it connect directly from the back of the caliper to the fitting coming from the arch.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
If they are anything like the R33 brakes that I have then there is a small metal disc inside the caliper. You need to thread a screw into that metal disc and yank it out or you can shave down your bolts so they don't go deep enough to hit the metal disc. They don't really need to be torqued down that much, maybe 20ft-lb is more than enough, they have copper washers so they shouldn't leak.

Reaction score
so what am i to do then?
its riped out the thred all together
eather im gona put a heli coil in it or rrethred it all together?

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
leave the 'disc' in there it's to seat and seal the fitting, helicoil it, get conversion lines, all done :)

Reaction score
i was afrade of that one
any chance if i fit R34 lines will the connecting bolt be any bigger if so ill just rethred it