What's new

Ecu upgrade and best dumpvalve to run?

Reaction score
hi guys im completely out of my depth here as i dont even have my car yet (f***ing japanese slow boats) but would like to know what,

Ecu upgrades is the best and cost

And best dump valve to run?

I have been saving like mad at the mo so have the money behind me so just need some advice if possible?

If it helps my car has aftermarket exhaust, turbo elbow and injectors i beleive.

Thanks

Wayne

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If it's come fron Japan with non-standard injectors the chances are it also has an aftermarket ECU, such as an Apexi Power FC.

The best dumpvalves for the car mechanically are recirculating ones. Forge and HKS are good options but they all do the same job really as long as it's recicrulating. If you have one that vents to atmosphere (VTA), then you'll induce problems caused by overfuelling that people often complain about on here.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
check that your car hasnt had stuff removed without adjustments to the map mate. something sounds a bit funny when a car has an uprated exhaust and injectors, but no fuel pump, intercooler, filter etc. injectors arent even needed till after 300 hp so if thats all thats on the car then other stuff must have been taken off.....

as craig said go for a re-circulating dump valve but you wont really need it until you have done other modifications to allow you to safely run more boost.

Reaction score
sorry lads i forgot 2 mention it has a front mount, hks filter and also there was something else on the auction sheet from waht i could make out it could be cams.

So the hks ssqv dump valve would be fine?

Is there a nissan tuner in or around the berkshire area that could be trusted?

Thanks lads

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
H-Dev near Reading?? I thought Horsham are in... Horsham (lol) which means it's near Crawley, Sussex :wack:

Yes mate - HKS SSQV all the way!! :thumbs:

Reaction score
sorry lads i forgot 2 mention it has a front mount, hks filter and also there was something else on the auction sheet from waht i could make out it could be cams.

So the hks ssqv dump valve would be fine?

Is there a nissan tuner in or around the berkshire area that could be trusted?

Thanks lads
Where bouts are you in Berkshire mate? My parents live down Berkshire nr. Newbury. If ur not far we should meet one weekend I'm down.

As for tuners there is Horsham of course just north of newbury but travel for a hour or so and steve from fc tuning could do ur car. Mine has been done by him the same day as lupix-s15 and others have started using him eg. jez and darrens15. Check out his website, I've known the guy for about 4-5 years. Really nice bloke and really knows what he's doing with fuel computers..

Last edited:
Reaction score
im in reading mate but im always around the thatcham/newbury area! but still havent picked up my car yet, should be around the 14th-21st of august!