What's new

What clutch?

Reaction score
hey guys.

Was wondering if anyone knows what the best sort of clutch is to get for my S15 as there are so many to choose from and i dont really know alot about clutches... I found an Exedy kit on ebay for about £300 which looked ok.. (below)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXEDY-RACING-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ad7cd69a0

Dont want to spend rediculous money on one but could do with some help from you guys if you can. :thumbs:

cheers
jono

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
You will tend to find if you like to get the back end out the cheaper Exedy clutches wont last as long as the heavy duty ACT ones, mainly paddle shift clutches are the ones you want over organic
thats my opinion anyway :wack:

Reaction score
I've got an exedy paddle clutch i think, its great i love the feel of it although it can judder going down the box.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Heavy duty ACT is the one I would of gone for, but they are hard to source in the UK and go for about £400 now (if you shop around you can probably get one for about £360). I recently changed my ACT paddle clutch out for the exedy orgainc (only £250 from APEX) and its much nicer. I do a lot of daily driving so the paddle clutch isn't really suited to be stuck in traffic etc..

If you can wait go for the ACT. I'd say go with the ACT heavy duty orgianic NS1-HDSS

http://www2.advancedclutch.com/media/pdf/clutchkits_engagement.pdf

Reaction score
I'm running an Exedy HD organic clutch and for street and the occasional track day its great. You still retain stock peddle feel,its good in traffic and if you put in the Exedy lightened flywheel you get better low end response. If your not hard on you clutch they will last the distance.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I have the ACT 6 puck with the extreme pressure plate, It's a great clutch but I don't recommend it for daily driving(although I do). I think my left calf muscle is bigger than my right, lol.

sx-si

Reaction score
you can have my hks twinplate clutch and flywheel for 450 if you want to collect it :)
wont need a new clutch again unless you go over 600bhp just replacement disks :)