What's new

Should I fit Rota Grid Drift Wheels Black Chrome

Reaction score
Few questions about these wheels,
http://www.driftworks.com/shop/p720/Rota-Grid-Drift-Wheels-Black-Chrome-Set-of-4/product_info.html
Been thinking of getting these wheels for a while, now I see driftworks are having a 10% sale this month. Haven’t seen anyone with black chrome on their S15 yet, would they suit a white s15.
Other question is what size to go for 17” or 18” and how will they fit under standard suspension at full lock etc..
Have no plans to upgrade to coilovers any time soon, unless my current suspension doesn’t pass an nct.
Will be getting a respray as soon as I have time to leave the car to a garage to be sprayed. So should i get the arches rolled while im at it. Any ideas much appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
If the cars going to be sprayed, definitely get the arches rolled first, even if you don't need it at the minute.
You don't want to have it painted nice, then at a later date need the arches rolling and crack the paint doing so. With rolled arches you can get away with much better offsets :nod:

Reaction score
Here you go bud, this will give you an idea of what they look like on an S15:

Best wheels I have ever purchased.

Reaction score
That is sexy, cheers think that has my mind made up.
Where did ya buy? did you get them from driftworks and what size and offset are they please.
I see you have a wide arch kit on her, dont think ill be going down that road, rolling the archs be enough to get them wheels underneath or will they still stick out to much with that offset. Im guessing its about 18x10
Like dan-h recommends its worth getting them rolled, am of the same thinking myself but its an extra 500 on top of the price of wheels/tires and then the paint job.
What offset would ya recommend with a standard kit and rolled archs (if ya know)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
500 to roll the arches! They've got to be having a grin. You could buy a roller and do it yourself for half of that.
I'd be looking for somebody else to do it if I'd been quoted that. I wouldn't pay more than £80 - £100.

Reaction score
Its very hard to get a decent panel beater around ere that does not charge a fortune, he was saying it be around 1500 to 2000 to get the car resprayed.
He needs to see it first, when i asked about the archs been rolled he was saying it`ll push the figure closer to 2k.
Hes about an hours drive from me, hope to get down during the week and sus him out. But im told he`s good.
At least i know what it should cost, cheers lads. So then if he does try bull-****ting me i can walk away.

V

vti_coupw

if your getting the archs rolled man ya might aswell run with the 18's and a 9.5j with a low offset. i didnt look at the link you put up so i dont know if that fitment is available in them wheels but you couldnt go far wrong would look insane under the white aswell man, and 500yoyos is very steep for rolling the archs man, a lad over on D.I does it for around a 100 i think,

Reaction score
A question on offsets lads.
was onto driftworks about getting hold of those wheels and at the mo all they have in stock are 8.5J ET20 and 9.5J ET30, will they sit fine under rolled arches or am i better off to wait for a different offset.
what size spacer would i need with the named above.