What's new

setup on my car, need help

Reaction score
Country
everybody.. i need some review from you guys..
first of all i need to apologize for making a new thread on these but what i have gone through the turbo, cams thread i am still quite confused..afraid of making the wrong choice.
i am new here so i hope you guys can bear with teaching your fellow silvia mate from singapore!! cheers

I am driving it daily & doing maybe 3-4 drifting in a mth. (modding of car is illegal here in my country!)
I am more for response than power. <- but it important too.

after all i have read these turbo stands out.

t518z

my setup already on is

Tomei RAS
Tomei Valve Spring ( i think is Type B )
Tomei Head Gasket
Tomei Turbo Outlet
HKS Front Pipe
Fujitsubo RM-01 Exhaust
Spitfire Ignition Coils
Apexi PFC w Commander
Apexi AVC-R
Blitz LM Intercooler
Blitz SUS Air Cleaner
Blitz BOV
S14 5spd GB (from what i read GB does make a matter right)
Cusco Coppermix Clutch + S14 Flywheel
Nismo GT LSD PRO TT
SR20DE Throttle Body

as for handling parts

GTR34 Vspec II Brembo F/R
Nismo Power Brace
Uras Super Pineapple
Cusco Anti-roll Front Bar
JIC FLT-A2 suspension
DEC Cambers
Cusco Toe
Cusco Tension
Tein Ties & Ends

as you can see most parts are japanese brand coz most parts in SG here is Japanese brands & easier for me to find.
I need you guys to give me opinion on my setup here. and what else i need to do.
i am here looking for 260kw on wheels which turbo & cams shld best fit my needs?
and what else i need to do(build bottom end?=crankshaft?) hard to drive for daily?

HKS GTRS -> GT2871
Tomei B7652 -> ?
Tomei B8446 -> ?

Any got review on Tomei's New Turbo The M7960 & M8270 on Silvia?
THANKS FOR HELPING IN ADVANCED!!!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if you are looking for the best response from the turbo then the 2871r .64 is widely regarded as the best upgrade and i can vouch for that :) trouble is, it may not make the headline figure you are looking for - could maybe at a push.... something like the 2871r .86 will probably make the wheel power figure you are after more comfortably at the cost of response.....

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I agree, if your going for response the 2871 will be the best choice the T518 is pretty laggy and the 3071 is really to big for what you want(so you would be sacrificing some responce). The .64a/r is good for about 350 and the .84a/r is good for about 400.

C

cougar power motorsport

Maybe you could get the GTRS turbo kit which is about 400hp at 1bar flywheel. Shouldn't be too laggy but you would need forged engine to work it safe. not sure though about it's response and spooling.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
^^ agreed, i know hks turbos are manufactured by garret, and if you look at, say a hks gtrs - when the hks exclusivity contract ran out on this, garret put it back out themselves as the 2871r.....