What's new

New FMIC wanted, which one is best ad can you point me to a seller

J

james s15

ok as the title says, im looking for a front mount intercooler for my s15. i have done a few bits already

Blits BOV
Blits SUS induction
JAPSPEED manifold

i need to get a FMIC, and then i can pop in the Apexi Power FC and get it re mapped

your advice is truely welcome on this as i dont want to buy a crap one form ebay and end up having to cut and twist and loose skin over another "bolt on mod"...... bolt on my arse lol

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
That's the crap you have to put up with cray quality copy parts - might be cheaper but you spend more time installing and more headaches, and end up with a ****tier fit and ****tier performance. Most of the cheap ones you find is all the same china gear with a different name on it; if you go that way then just get the cheapest one you can find.

An ARC would be right up there along with the Trust R-SPL - it's definitely one of the best. Blitz had an LM-SPEC which was excellent as well but I haven't checked in on their website for a while to see if it's been totally replaced by the CS ones. I've also used some china crap and an Apexi GT-SPEC which is now unfortunately discontinued.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if you want a front mount kit that avoids cutting the battery tray, (but results in much longer pipe runs) then the apex type 2 is about the only seller i can think of ......TYPE 2

if you dont mind drilling a single hole in the battery tray and trimming a sliver off the corner of each chassis rail then i'd highly reccommend the apex type 1, i was after a branded cooler but it seems that more people run these that i know of than any of the big jdm brands lol, they fit perfectly if you drill the hole in the right place and both kits are all stainless pipework, not aluminium......TYPE 1

if you get in on any of the group buys for these which run quite often on sxoc, then the price drops to nearer 200-00 for a kit usually. i'm not knocking the 'proper' jdm kits as they are no doubt superbly made, but at half the price, being well made, coming with mikkalor style clamps and being readily available i dont think these can be ignored ;)

edit: by the way, almost all front mount cooler kits will need the back of the bumper trimming a fair bit with a hacksaw and trimming knife in one way or another, and also removal or modification of the back of the fog lights to clear the pipework :)

J

james s15

Thanks for the info guys, its never easy with these bloody mods is it haha, i knew the back of the bumper need a trimming and i was wondering about the spots myself.....

Reaction score
it's pretty much assured, you'll loose the spots.

i had a Greddy one on mine, it's and exactly the same as the apex type 1, cause when i cracked my core, i got a replacement from apex, can't fault their quality.... that's what i'd be buying if i was getting another one.