What's new

idle jerky when warm

Reaction score
Country
once the car has warmed up it tends to have a few jerky bumps but yet the revs remain the same

what could this been?

it anythin to do with the plugs by any chance?

and also rarely it will drop down to near on stalling then back up again when driving and stoppin at a junction ive had the icv cleaned up so dont know where to turn from here?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The 'jerky bumps' could be a number of things but I'd start with the plugs as their easiest to clean/inspect. The part about the revs droping down to a near stall will most likely be to do with your dump valve venting to atmosphere rather than recirculating..?

Reaction score
Country
Rght il get the plugs out and give them a clean but if that don't solve it what else shall I check?
Yeah I have a hks sqv bov fitted last week and it's not recirced :)

Reaction score
Country
AFM is that air flow meter sorry I'm not up together on the shortcuts haha
il check the breathers too :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you recirc your BOV it will probably solve your problems, and sound less chavvy :p

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
sqv is more than likely the root cause of everything you mention imo too :) they do sound good i think, but the downside is cruddy running at low revs, fouled plugs, lift off overfuelling and lots of popping.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I was only kidding they sound good really, especially in comparison to some. :) My forge valve sounds like it is VTA from outside, eventhough it's recircing.

Reaction score
Country
yee it was jerky even when the bov wasnt fitted now i think back?

but putting this bov on has reduced lag a little and stopped the popping :) but the jerking remains so im guessing it is the plugs or breathers

haha as for the chavvy noise i dont mind it so much as we all know most people are blown away from just the sight of the car :p the noise just attracts them hehe :p and to be honest it does seem to run a little better because with just the blitz filter on it fluttered loudly which was a nice sound but way too much lag for me started to do my head in after a while and would try to stall more after revving up so the bov has sorted that out :)

Last edited: