What's new

Best Dump Style for S15?

Reaction score
hi there i have a JDM s15 with standard turbo and 3" exhaust from the dump back.

i am looking at picking up an aftermarket dump pipe but not sure what design to go, either the open 3" pipe or the split style that splits off the wastegate gasses.

i have read a few debates for this so wondering what you guys think?

Reaction score
I just put a open 3" on mine. It is a 1 peice dump and front. Seems to work well. You will want to replace the tiny front as well if your going to do it. Pesonally I think those stubby little split dumps aren't worth the trouble as the gasses aren't seperated long enough to make sod all difference.

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?6732-Removing-STD-Dump-pipe/page2

Last edited:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
CES is probably the best but ground clearance is the worst.
Trust has a nice way of splitting it without causing turbulence.
Tomei has the best open-mouth design - wider and more volume than most of the other ones.

Different school's of thought on each of the above but they are the most common and most copied, up to you which one you'd like to try, can't go wrong with either of those 3. The other one is HKS but it doesn't rate because of the angle at which the wastegate gases get merged back in.

There's also a number of other interesting designs and features from other quality brands so just have a look around, I wouldn't mind a moonface one myself :)