What's new

Very bad idle! Help!

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
My engine is started to idel very bad... :cry:

Everytime I start it, revs starts go from 600rpm to 1200rpm again again and again.
Everytime I put cluch down when I'm driving it almost stalls and starts to "wave" rpms again!

There should not be any boost leaks because I just "pressurised" (tested:D) pipesystem and it didn't leak from anywhere. Also my engine is just remapped.

I have also tried to raise idle-rpms a little but it won't help. Waving happens then in higher rpms.

I don't know what to do next?

Next weekend I'm going to change oils and other lubricants so I will clean my MAF-sensor too, could it be it?

subzero

Reaction score
ive the same prob , exact same symptoms , read throguh this thread but still in the same prediciment ...

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.p...trol-valve.a-lil-help-plz-)&p=79148#post79148

when i hold the accelerator steady i can hold the revs with no lumps, release and it starts again ...

start plugging the coil packs one by one , each seemed to affect the engine in the same manner, i thought one may be breaking down ...

any 1 any ideas for me and marcus here :)

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Bad idles are often caused by boost leaks, Bad coil packs, or dirty AFM. If you have already tesded for leakes then try the coil pack approcach.

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Bad idles are often caused by boost leaks, Bad coil packs, or dirty AFM. If you have already tesded for leakes then try the coil pack approcach.
I have checked my coil packs already (and my coil packs are uprated about month ago to VAG-coil packs). Nothing wrong with them.
Going to clean AFM and change lubricants and oils and clean airfilter, let see if its has any help!