What's new

Cleaning inside the headlights

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
HI guys as the title suggest I have noticed over the last few weeks that I have gotten condensation on the inside of one of my headlights and it has started to look quite dull and dirty,I have seen the link for cleaning inside headlights in the usefull threads,but just wondered if anyone had actually done it themselves and if there are any tricky bits or little knacks for doing anything before I go at it this weekend? Any info would be well received thanks guys

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
yeah no probs,i will take phot's step by step and try to put together a decent thread for it too if ya like

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm sure JameS15 has done this recently... If he can post how he done it although I'm sure it's not too tricky. The only ballache is getting the seal away from the light unit and most people use ovens... but don't make it too hot otherwise the lens will melt apparently haha??!! :wack:

Reaction score
Country
I was going to but i havnt got round to it yet lol sorry! :D +1 for any useful info from Mr Niceley!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You'll be fine! What's the worst that could happen!? :wack:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
hahahaha i am not gonna answer that lol if a thread never appears it because i have forgotten my headlights and they have become part of the bottom of my oven lol

Reaction score
Nicely sent his headlights off to clearcorners to get the LED's installed.

Are you certain it's on the inside and not on the outside? UV does cause them to haze over, and look like condensation on the inside. I had it on mine, got the machine polisher out and gave them a good going over and they came up like glass!!! James, if you're about, pop over some time and can give them the once over to see.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
yeah defo is on the inside as its started to go green and i polished my lights last week as they had scratches on i had been meaning to get out and only one of them looks like this ,i will just give it a go should be ok

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nicely sent his headlights off to clearcorners to get the LED's installed.
I think he got a brand new pair LED'd up by clearcorners as I bought his original set after he stripped them and polished them up inside :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Erm, I'd probably use black as it would look neater and more original. Tigerseal is probably a good option.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Got black but typically it started bloody rainin when I got home!!! Hopefully it won't be in the morning

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hope it all goes to plan for you. Hope u can put together a how to guide, as mine need doing as well. I tend to break stuff when I do it myself so I will need all the help I can get.. :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah no problems mate,fingers crossed it don't rain in the morning only thing I found out is you have to remove the front bumper to get the lights out.will defo make sure I do a nice in depth report with lots of photo
:wack:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well I started to do this today,had the bumper of lights out unscrewed the case and had all the bulbs out ready to go in the oven then realised the reason there was condensation in the light is there is a nasty crack in the back of the casing so I have attempted to glue this back and am gonna see how it hols before I go any further,I have a few photos but only of taking the lights off the car and pics of the back of the unit itself will put them up later as a start to the guide if the glue holds will crack on with cleanin the lens

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
You've just reminded me mate I think I have condensation cos the new(ish) HID kit I fitted onto car forced me to drill holes in the back of the grey plastic caps for the low beams backend of units and the gromets as part of the HID wiring loom do not sit tight/flush in the holes I cut so there isn't a proper seal anymore doh?! :wack: