What's new

Fitting Nismo 740cc Injectors

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Here is my guide on how to fit the Nismo 740cc injectors.

Use this guide at your own risk, but it worked fine for me

When you start your engine bay will look something like this

Before I did anything I REMOVED THE BATTERY CABLES and covered the front bumper and wings of the car with some rags to stop me scratching the body work :cool:

1. First we need to remove all the hoses and clips from the intake chamber.

Here is what we need to remove.

> The grey, brown, purple and blue wire connectors

> Brake servo vacuum hose

> Two earth cables

> Dump valve and carbon canister hoses

> Large hose from the cold pipe

> Two throttle cable holders

> Boost take off

> Earth cable bolt

2. Next we need to remove the throttle body bolts from the intake chamber by undoing the four allen key bolts.

Note:
The bottom two bolts are awkward to get anything onto. I had to undo the coupling hose from both the throttle body and the cold pipe and push the coupling hose back down the cold pipe to give me enough room to get a socket in. I also unclipped the connector on the throttle body to give me more room.

The work shop manual has an order to do these bolts up so I removed them in reverse order (4,3,2,1).

Last edited:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
3. Now we need to remove the remaining bolts from the intake chamber so we can lift it out.

Start by removing the two intake chamber support brackets, all four bolts need to be removed.

Front:

Rear:

Then remove the five bolts from the intake chamber itself, again I removed these in the reverse order to the tightening pattern (5,4,3,2,1)

You can now take the intake chamber out to leave a large void in your engine bay like so (remember to cover the top of the intake with something to stop anything falling in)

4. Now to release the old injectors, first undo the loom connector from each injector.

Next get a tight fitting screw driver and undo the two screws holding the metal brackets over each injector. These are tight to undo and require a good bit of force, so please make sure you use a good quality screw driver that is perfect fit. Chew the head on one of these and your in trouble.

5. Before we pull anything out get a cloth and wipe all the dirt and grit you can away from around each injector as we do not want this to fall in. Pull out the old injectors by twisting them round and pulling. This took me a while as they are proper stuck in. Also be sure to put some cloth around each one because a small amount of petrol does come out with each injector. Once out you will have a hole like this

I did my injectors one at a time to prevent any dirt getting into each injector chamber, so repeat steps 5 and 6 one at a time if you prefer.

6. Now to add in our nice new Nismo 740cc injectors

Attach the new o-rings to the top and bottom of each injector and coat with a small amount of clean engine oil around both o-rings

Make sure the injector chamber is clean of grit or dirt, place the new injector into its new home and push until its almost flush

Now with a bit of cloth firmly push the injector hard into the chamber, eventually it will pop and sit flush into the chamber (I used a cloth to do this as the edges of the injectors are quite sharp)

7. Its now time to put everything back in the reverse order of what we took it apart. Be sure to connect everything back up or your engine might not run too well.

You might need to replace the intake chamber to intake or the intake chamber to throttle body gaskets. I reused my intake chamber to intake gasket, but my intake chamber to throttle body gasket broke on the way off and needed replacing.

Also advise you follow the tightening orders and torque settings in the workshop manual.

Old injectors:

New injectors for part number reference:

Hope this guide is useful.

Cheers,
Darren

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Good work mate, will be using this when I do my injectors soon. Hopefully there should be less swearing ensuing than last weekend ;)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for doing this Darren. It'll defiantly be useful for a few of us quite soon!

Added to useful threads too :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome guide mate :thumbs:

Will also be using this like Jez - I'll try and do mine same time as Craig so there's potentially less swearing when this happens lol :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
nice guide mate :)

its given me an idea - looks like the big wiring loom could easily be tucked back under the manifold without too much hassle at all......

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys.

To be honest it's a pretty easy job once you know exactly what to do.

Hardest bit is finding a tool to undo the allen key bolts on the throttle body.

Dean, do you think that's a good idea? I mean its going to get pretty hot where your thinking of putting those wires. I rewrapped alot of that wiring loom while i had it apart to make it look better.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yeah i'm pretty sure the wiring would be ok mate. at the moment its sandwiched between the cylinder head and the inlet plenum anyway which is probably just as much a hotspot. if the loom ran under the lower inlet and the injector plugs came up between each inlet runner i think it would look much tidier......

Reaction score
Great guide mate! :thumbs:

Yeah would deffo look much better with the loom tucked away, cant see it getting much hotter its on the inlet side dont forget :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Yeah your probably correct it will be fine.

Some of those plugs won't streach very far though, they could be an issue.

Interested to see what you come up with though :thumbs:

I've never like those wires, they look nasty.

B

Blackstar

what happened to the rest of the pics? will it be possible if you can upload them again please? its a really great write up btw =]
p.s. pics describe more than a thousand words =]

Reaction score
Country
Remember to not fit new injectors unless the car has been mapped for them unless you have a power fc especially if you plan to drive any distance.

Parky I just got Jez to fit mine as although its a simple job I couldn't be arsed to fit them when there :D

Reaction score
Country
Will add to this thread, if installing 740cc using the base tune on a PFC and you are driving to your tune location make the following adjustments:
[FONT=&quot] Setting – injector – injector data – change injectors 1 – 4 from 100% down to 60% and 0.00 to 0.08ms. [/FONT] Anything after that you just let the tuner adjust.

Reaction score
Yes as Spoonman said change the Latency with the hand controller and it will be safe enough to drive to the tuners...

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Forgot all about this and the lack of photos :)

I've not been the forum for a very long time, but if I can find the pics I took about 3 years ago I'll upload them to complete this guide for you guys :thumbs:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Right its only taken about 42 months, but as a refreshing alcoholic drink states good things come to those who wait :nod:

Hope now the pics have been added this guide is useful to people.

Doing this has made me realise how much I miss this old girl and the S15OC :cry:

Let me know if I've missed something.

Darren

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Really good pics and write up Darren!

Yeah it's a shame you left, but cars aren't for life they are only for Xmas!

And birthdays, and sunny days, and general good times!

What you been up to?

Reaction score
Country
I pulled the whole fuel rail, cleaned it perfectly, and then brought these, as when you buy injectors they dont come with o-rings, so if you wish to replace every bit of rubber to do with the injectors here are the PN

[FONT=&quot]injector o-rings, cushions & spacer cushions for a SR20DET injectors

X4 16618-10V05
X4 16618-53J00
X4 16636-72P00
X4 16635-53J0A[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]