What's new

Look at the Difference an Exhaust can do once mapped!!

Reaction score
Hi,

some of you may know that i had my car mapped about 2 months ago by Steve from FC Tuning. But at the time i had a Greddy system on the car that was designed for a spec-S im leading to believe becaust the exhaust was only 2.5" but after further investigation it would restrict to like an inch in the backbox, the result sounded cool like a Jet but wasnt helping performance atall- it was suffacting it basically.

Steve laid 286 fly power before from this @ 1.2bar dropping to 1.1Bar and the power would abruptly drop at 5750 which didnt make it much good for holding power.

Since then i have acquired a 5zigen system thanks to Nemesisguy.. then back off to the rolling road and another bit of tuning by Steve.

The result was very suprising for my friend i had with me who thought i would see a slight increase from just an exhaust but i was quietly hoping and expecting the result, this is why i would like to share it will you guys. it made 306fly power @ 1.2BAR but injectors were being worked to hard so Steve lowered the boost a little and it pulled 303HP @ around 1.1 BAR dropping to 1.0BAR, some more power on less boost:eek:
258WHP from 240 and its a nice 330ish torque- there is not just an increase in peak power but more power and torque across the spectrum.

The two tune graph have been dropped ontop of each other so you can see.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quite a big gain there mate! I could imagine that the restrictions on a stock exhaust must be crazy!

What are your specs dude?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice improvement there mate. Do you have an aftermarket elbow/down pipe etc. too?

Reaction score
The car already had elbow, downpipe and Decat when I got it but had the wrong exhaust it seems. Other mods is just apexi filter which was already fitted

had to fit a ebc, fmic and walbro then nistune provided by steve and tuned of course. Very impressed with it now! Got a z32 maf already though just need injectors and a bigger turbo but not for a good while yet

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very impressive. NIStune is the way to go I think. My mods are similar to yours but needs a remap badly. Well done mate and the car looks sweet to.

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Tom...... your S15 vid is now edited and live on the FCTuningNistune Channel online via my site both pre and post exhaust.. .Enjoy :)

quick way to search is to use the Tagged words (as you scroll down on the right)

Click S15... simples :) and then click n wait for the previewed image..

Enjoy