What's new

s15 sr has weak spark

M

my92hatxh

So I took apart my front end : fenders bumper intercooler. and i took off the valve cover so I can get it powder cotted. When I got it back and went to start my car it don't start. I checked pretty much everything and I cant figure what is the problem. It got fuel, its all grounded and no spark!! I did almost everything I could have and I cant find what it is. I didn't do anything with the motor or the harness ,but take of the valve cover.
I looked at the harness and i can see any thing bad with it.
I also bought new plugs.

About 4000 miles before I took off the valve cover i realized that the car started runing a bit richer. It would backfire alot more then it did before and and the fuel gauge went down faster. I thought not much of it cause it was nothing that broke, so I just kept on driving. So Im starting to think that something might of happened and its got nothing to do with me taking off the valve cover.
The big question is what is wrong with it?
Im loosing my mind with this thing!!
Maybe my ECU is bad? can it be? Is there a way i can check it?
Thanks Tom

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, S14 and S15 ECU's are different. So are you getting no sparks at all on any cylinder?

M

my92hatxh

well i am getting a very weak spark. on all 4 coils. one coil went bad on my like a year ago so replaced it and thats the one im testing on for spark.