What's new

pipes blanked off what are they

Reaction score
Country
me and my friend was looking around the engine bay the other day and seen that just before the air filter theres a bung clipped on where a pipe used to be and on the other side of the engine bay theres some small pipe got a bolt in the engine making it blanked off.
just wanted to know what was ment to be there originally as i think its the problem to why it idles funny etc.

[/URL][/B][/img]
just below the silver pipe you can see the bung

[/URL][/img]
a view from further out if it helps

the small pipe blocked with a bolt

the engine bay.as you can just make out the small blue pipe is on the left,and the one with the bung is on the intake pipe

ive been told its the recirc valve used to be there but has been removed is this right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
yup, looks like the air feed to the recirc has been blocked off...that's what gives you 'pigeon' noise rather than a whoosh.

shouldn't cause funny idling... that's more likely the ICV, which is on the inlet plenum. :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
im gettin the icv taken off and cleaned up friday :) so il hope for a improvement then.i was thinkin of gettin a bov rather soon so would i need all that connected back up?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
If you get the HKS SSQV then that connects to the cold pipe side (left side of engine bay from your pic above)...

The blue pipe that's been plugged with bolt will need to connect to the back of the SSQV since it uses this like the stock recirc. Unless you are recircing the SSQV you won't need to plumb it over the other end which is a 29/30mm hole :)