What's new

ABS problems :S

Reaction score
Country
right heres the situation

i just removed the abs fuse from the footwell and the breaking it loaaddss better no judderin or locking up etc just hard breaking finally :) but the speedo is run threw the abs so i have no speedo so the fuse is back in for now lol.
there are 3 fuses
1 in the footwell which is marked ABS(the 1 i removed)
2 under the bonnet fuse box marked ABS and ABS/ACT
would removing 1 of the other 2 help stop the abs but keep the speedo workin?

unless any1 has the answer to why its so bad in the 1st place?like abs pump knackerd etc?
and by bad i mean they work too well lol at high speeds the pedal kicks my foot off and its quite dangerous but without the fuse in it doesnt do it it breaks loads harder without the kickin off etc.

any suggestions or answer?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Do you get the ABS warning light coming on? If not check inside the cluster to ensure the bulb isnt blown or been removed by a previous owner..

Check this link, post 4.13
Here is a list of fault codes for the ABS

I think that site is designed around a S14 but would guess it'll be the same for the S15. I'm sure someone will advise otherwise if it isnt!

Reaction score
Country
no not when the fuse is in.but when i take it out obvs it is on. but need to get around havin the speedo working without the abs working lol its a rite pain

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Would you not prefer to fix the fault and keep the ABS? It's not an overly intrusive ABS system when working properly.

Reaction score
Country
O yee 100% but I really dnt no y it does it.without the fuse in it's smooth brakin no juddering so the pads and discs aren't the issue all I can think of is that it's the actual abs pump nakerd.bt nt sure

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
bt nt sure?
What?

Can everyone please remember, text speak is frowned upon on this forum. There are people from all over the world here and not everyone knows what you are talking about when you use text speak

Reaction score
Country
oh yes 100% but i really dont know why it does it.without the fuse in it's smooth no juddering so the pads and discs arent the issue all i can think of is that its the actual ABS pump nakerd.but not sure

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you read the fault codes from the ABS ECU then that should give you a pretty good idea of what is wrong. It's not a particually complex system so shuld be fairly easy to fix, whatever the problem is.

Reaction score
Country
ahh ok where abouts is the ABS ECU to?
And I was just thinking the abs light doesn't stay on so wil the ecu show a code up?

Last edited: