What's new

New Clutch required - recommendations

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
FAO Craig... (you seem to know your ACT stuff).

Still waiting on that USA ebay guy to get back to me re payment. So still looking around, and found another ACT clutch from JDM performance, but its slightly different to the one you posted up.

The JDM performance clutch -NS1-HDG6 ACT Clutch Kit (HD / Race Sprung) Nissan Silvia SR20DET

USA Ebay clutch - NS1-HDR6 ACT Clutch Kit (HD / Race) Nissan Silvia SR20DET

I've taken the right up from the ACT website. So from that is the only difference is the HDG6 has a harder clutch feel with it being "race sprung"?

http://www2.advancedclutch.com/media/pdf/clutchkits_engagement.pdf

Found one for £365 in the UK, so will go with that I think

Edit - Dosen't matter now, I've found out the type I want from the ACT web site. the part number for the heavy duty organic clutch is NS1-HDSS. That's the top organic clutch you can get, if you go higher then its the paddle type.

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Are you all sorted now then? I don't know that much about them, just did a lot of research before i bought mine.

I think you can get the 'extreme' version of the organic type - Apex sell it. It's just a tougher pressure plate though. The HD version is more than capable of holding my 330ish ft-lbs and I would guess it can manage a fair bit more too.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah think so thanks Craig. Been looking into this for days now, the APEX one would of been the NS1-HDSS for sure. Still finding it hard to get one in stock over here :( think I'll just have to pay for £400 for one.. with the pound being so rubbish to the dollar I won't get a good a deal as you did.. (All ACT clutches come from the States)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah. I got mine in the Apex group buy last year, thats why mine was so cheap. If the Exedy's are only £250 then are you not tempted to go for one of them? James (LuPix) had one for a few months so he will know how they are to drive. :)

Reaction score
Yeah. I got mine in the Apex group buy last year, thats why mine was so cheap. If the Exedy's are only £250 then are you not tempted to go for one of them? James (LuPix) had one for a few months so he will know how they are to drive. :)
Also running one of these atm.

Feels exactly how the stock clutch felt, couldn't tell any difference.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Looks the same as the one apex are doing.

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/ca...89&PHPSESSID=b484a86a2350ad5e299f793f5c8c7d4f

I might just get that thinking about it, getting the ACT heavy duty at a good price is impossible :(
Apex have them for £250 on SXOC:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=456712

Yep had it since new. Is fine, isn't slipping at all. I'm only running 225 FT/LB (dyno'd) power through it. I just don't expect it to last as I clutch kick it way too much.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I would get it from APEX for 250.. ok might just go with it then, I don't clutch kick it away, I have a hard power delivery so it steps out fine without the need to kick it..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I bought the car with it already in, the guy I bought it off hardly drove it so the clutch would of been pretty new when I got it. Only had the car since last October, so that's about 8 months it lasted.. :(

Ordered the exedy from APEX before so to late to change my mind now..

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it :)