Clutch Disk Replacement

rudd-o

Reaction score

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have the heavy duty organic version of this ACT clutch kit. I obviously can't comment on how the paddle version in your link drives, but my organic one is fine and seems really good quality in general. Are you changing the flywheel too? Not sure how a paddle clutch would work with the dual mass fly..?

All I'd say is IMO, I wouldn't go for a paddle clutch unless you need it!

rudd-o

Reaction score
some people told me that i need an organic because i have 6speed box and the one above will damage my gears... is that true ?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
What power are you running? Do you do any drifting?

Having a paddle clutch won't damage your gears if you drive sensibly and you can use it with the 6-seed box. How you use the clutch could potentially cause damage to the gears though as they bite very strongly.

rudd-o

Reaction score
its 320Hp and usually its for daily driving. Some times i do drift but im not pushing it in its limits.. it just came the time to change the clutch disc and i dont know what to choose... im really very confused.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you clutch kick on a standard style of clutch it won't last you very long at all and you'll need one of these paddle clutches. If you don't clutch kick the heavy duty orcanic ACT clutch will do you fine. This is what I have and I am running similar power with no issues at all. It's actually a really nice clutch too. They do an 'extreme' version of the organic clutch that can handle more torque but the pedal will be quite heavy.

Heavy duty organic - 362 lb-ft
Extreme organic - 449 lb-ft

Heavy duty paddle - 463 lb-ft
Extreme paddle - 576 lb-ft

BTW - S14 cluthes fit S15's 6-speed box. The flywheels are different though.