What's new

S15 engine dies

G

greddyfreddy

Hey guys.

I have a problem with my car. When at idle, if i rev the car it dies/almost dies when i release the gas. What can be the problem? Vaccum leak?
I can add that the silicon couplings on the front mount intercooler and intake has hugh dry cracks.
I also adjusted the throttle cable like 1mm to raise the idle a bit. Stupid me cant remember if the car did this before i adjusted the throttle cable. (long story) But im pretty sure it died before the cable adjustment to.

Appreciate all your help. Thanks.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It could be a whole lot of stuff, but look for a vacuum leak first. Do you have a vent to atmosphere blow off valve? If so that is more than likely your problem. Has it just started recently or have you changed something? What other work has been done to you engine? Raising the idle is a band aid fix. We need some more info to help you.

G

greddyfreddy

I dont have such a bov. just stock. I cant remember to be honest. I bought the car just before the snow last year. So i just parked it in the garage until now. I removed the defi boost gauge and water temp gauge during the winter. maby i forgot to plug were the boost gauge was jacked in?

I havnt touched anything else. The eninge has uprated clutch and flywheel. air filter. FMIC with cracked couplings, alu radiator. HKS EVC, Trurbo timer. thats pretty much it.

I adjusted the throttle cable 1mm so the vvt rattle wouldnt sound so horrible.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If there is cracked coupling with the FMIC I would be fixing it first along with any vacuum leaks. This will give you a starting point.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
sounds like a boost leak. Does it sound like its running on 3 cylinders/ like a scooby? its hard to find leaks. I used washing up liquid & water around the pipes.makes bubbles if there is a leak

G

greddyfreddy

No it runs fine. When i relese he pedal it dips down like 100rpm snd then back up again to normal.
Sometimes it dies completly

G

greddyfreddy

Today when i strarted the car cold. The problem wasnt there any more. I havnt tried if appears when the car is warm yet.