What's new

brakes,boost etc

Reaction score
Country
is it just me or are the standard brakes proper pants?i get to 120+and i start to break and they are hideous sumtimes locking up which is obvs puttin me off doin those speeds(not like i do every day but uno we all have moments :) ) .

any1 else experienced this or is it just me?and what can i do about it?

and another question instead of startin another thread.

what is the most boost that can be ran though my car with front mount intercooler walbro fuel pump and dump valve blitz filter?without causin trouble?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Brakes are not the best but you won't believe how much a decent set of pads like Ferodo DS2500 transform the braking!! I wouldn't look into big brake kits unless you are drifting a lot or tracking etc... or if you have got your car beyond 350+ bhp :)

Get some braided lines, DOT 5 brake fluid, upgrade the pads front + rear and even stick with stock discs like mine. You should feel loads more difference!!

In answer to your 2nd question - you can deffo take boost up to 1.2 bar safely with FMIC, filter, colder plugs, Walbro 255, decat etc ;)

Reaction score
Country
niiice ye i wasnt guna go for the big brake kits if i didnt need to but il defo get the pads n braided lines etc n see the difference :) wheres the best place to look for that?
and was urs the same then?

nice im running half bar atm which is like 7-8 psi isnt it.il get some colder plugs and my dump valve and crank the old girl up to a bar then :) shud be interesting

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If your going above 0.8 bar I would seriously think about a remap to avoid causing yourself problems - more info here

As for your pad upgrade, look here - Front and Rear

Reaction score
Country
yee im guna get the pads and plugs n fuel pump in and dump valve on then save some pennys for the remap :) then hopefully itll be all gd.

cheers bud :)

also says there for s14 are s15 and s14 the same then yeh?

Reaction score
even when i was running at 0.8 Bar with front mount, walbro, boost controller, breathing mods i was running quite lean in the mid range. seems to be the way these cars are mapped from factory but once boost is increased it exagerates it. plus a front mount in most peoples eyes will reduce detontation due to colder intake temps but remember the car is not designed with this and all that extra dense air could make it run lean and detonate. These words came from the mouth of my tuner Steve Sadler and it was clearly running lean as it were strapped on the dyno at the time with digital read outs.

so my words of advise it get the car tuned and then you can thrash the nuts off it knowing that the engine is not gonna get damaged, small price to pay for the insurance of it and the extra power and torque of course.