What's new

Hi-cas lock out needed

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been ordering the mods i want for my Silvia but i'm struggling to find a Hi-cas lock out bar, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Apex said it would be around £200 but would have to look into it, Japspeed said remove the rear axle and bolt on a new 1 lol or alternatively pray that a Skyline bar will fit. I only have 1 mate with Hi-cas which is on a R33GTR Skybarge so will take some measurements when i can, failing that i'm going to have to get 1 custom made by a mate or something.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for that :D I'll get a number and give them a call tomorrow :)

Recieved all my goodies from Apex today too :D

Yea but ya dont want it trust me! Took a mate out last night who i've not seen for a while and dont know too much about cars, and even he felt it and said its weird! Its got the JDM sat-nav and screen fitted too, which has never been used as it was imported from new lol

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No probs mate. DW stuff looks fairly decent quality too.

Can you post up some pics of the sat nav screen please mate. I've never seen one, only heard about them!

Reaction score
Hi mate sorry for the late reply had a bit of a messy weekend lol, i'll get some pics up for you more than likely tomorrow.

I've spoke to DW and they said the total lock out kit is better because there is still some play in the Hicas with just a lock out bar fitted which can damage parts, lets find out what they're like to fit!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, glad you've got it sorted mate. :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That looks awesome, thanks for posting the pics up. Do any of the functions work or is it all totally useless in this country? Nice low milage too :)

Reaction score
The functions on it seem to work fine its just setup to work in Japan, if you notice on 1 of the pics i used what must be 'auto-tune' for the freeview TV. I heard Garage-D had converted 1 to work in this country so its something to look into. For the Sat-Nav you need a map CD but i'm guessing you'd need to at least speak Japanese lol If it would work in this country is another question! Also had a quick look at linking it with the Kenwood DVD i've fitted below it, i'm sure there will be a way but its never simple!

I can't take credit for the mileage as its been going places to get work done, then when its back i use it most nights though i dont go too far. Work van during day. Its still standard mind as its going for a Dyno on 22nd then i'll be bolting the downpipe, de-cat, cat-back, pigeon and filter i have waiting here, its a long wait!