What's new

Help S15 Diff Ratios

Reaction score
Okay my original plan was an RB26 swap into an S15, plans have changed and I am going with an S15 lump instad but the problem is that I have already changed the entire backend to an R33 setup, the diff is from an R33 series II and it was automatic, the ratio is a 4.364, problem is how will this work an S15 with the stock six speed, will the gearbox be able to take the jamming? Here is the diff in question,

Thing is I swapped the skyline hubs and axles to use the diff and if I have to swap a helical in it will for one cost me and two will require me to swap out hubs again and axles along with the diff. What do you'll recommend???

Reaction score
With that ratio you will have lots of acceleration of the mark but you will have a lower top spead and you will be up shifting a lot quicker. You will be able to take off from a standstill in 2nd gear:D

sx-si

Reaction score
Ahh thats a good point as im going r33 5-speed with nismo diff and 4.6 ratio crown wheel. Would the abs sencor still read the same speed?

Reaction score
Country
It'll be no problem for the 6 spd but you'll be spinning wheels on first gear all day every day... 4.1 is better for the 6spd

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
why not just throw in a skyline gearbox instead of the 6 speed spec r as the skyline one would be stronger from what i have been told and read. would that not match the diff better ?

Reaction score
I am just a little worried about using such a thin plate as an adapter plate for an RB25 box. I have one home but I wanna get someone that has a proper conversion as I see the Aussie guys are still up in the air which is the best kit as they currently have many flaws.