HELP!! Broke harness bit :(

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey guys,

Whilst removing stuff on front of engine bay to make way for new rad being fitted, I tried to pull of a stock 3mm pipe and being the dumbass I am, instead of slitting the pipe to loosen off I pulled with pliers and yep... the fookin small pipe that the hose goes onto has snapped off!! :wack:

So... here's a pic of the broken top pipe which feeds some sort of harness/sensor that's at the front left of the bay sat no top of the rad:

Will I deffo need to fix this and hook all pipes back up again?? What is this for and what is the cylindrical canister it runs to on the other end of the tubes??

Cheers,

James

PS - gonna be a long ass day with the turbo thread that needs re-doing as well :rolleyes:

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
ahh you spanner stop breaking your car!!!!

I have all of next week off work if you get stuck. I will have a look on my s14a shell tonight see if they have the same sensor but i doubt it.

You could try and super glue the nossel back on bit cowboyish though, if not try nissan its bound to be a common sensor with their current vehicles. so it may be easy to get hold of.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Will I deffo need to fix this and hook all pipes back up again?? What is this for and what is the cylindrical canister it runs to on the other end of the tubes??
The canister is a carbon canister. Something to do with emissions I believe but does hardly anything. Lots of people get rid of them and replace with a catch tank. :)

Superglue it back on!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol yep first dimwit FAIL of the day haha!! :D

Cheers Tooley - should be ok... I'll superglue back on and then put lots of hot glue from glue gun just in case :) I ain't paying Ni$$an for any more stuff... damn buggers charged me £10 for a single turbo housing stud??!! :wack:

Reaction score
That's the electronic control for the carbon canister. When I took my carbon canister off, I unplugged that solenoid and binned it.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Here's the funny bit today... I went into local Ni$$an dealer to see how much this controller/harness cost... dum dum dum.............

£150

WTF????!!!! :wack: :wack: :wack:

So yes, I'm fooking that off straight away and binning it!! Do you just blank off the vacuum pipe from plenum as well as blank off the one that goes into the canister??

Cheers

Reaction score
When you take out the carbon canister, block off all the rubber boost hoses. There will be two solid metal pipes left, connect these together.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
so you did away with the solenoid all together? i have the solenoid still but cant see what it does (nothing lol) but linked out the coal canister when i removed it....... might do this now.

Reaction score
is it just for the carbon canister as i thought that had somthing to do with the standard boost solonoid. If you superglue it you might have a boost leak from that joint.

Find some one that is breaking a s15 and grab that off them. Try PPS on sxoc mate they are a trader and break lots of cars, they had 2 s15's last time i spoke to them.

as far as i know the s14 is slightly different to the s15.

If you open the bonnet and your looking at the car head on are you talking about the thing on the left of the rad or the right of the rad?

left is boost solonoid i thought and the right is the carbon canister.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the left one is just a solenoid valve that puts vacuum/boost over on to the carbon canister - why i dont know? maybe opens a valve or something. either way i agree if this is glued, when the solenoid does open itself if the glue doesnt hold it will give a big boost leak.

Reaction score
The unit that is on the drivers side suspension turret is the sender for the stock boost gauge. If you install an after market boost gauge, you can bin this.

The black cylindrical canister to the right of the car (pictured as if you are standing in front of the car) is the carbon canister which is just emissions related crap, bin this.

The little solenoid that attaches to the left radiator bracket is the control unit for the carbon canister, bin this with the carbon canister. Block all the associated rubber boost hoses, and connect the two solid metal hoses that you are left after you take out the carbon canister.

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
i broke that too dude there fragile lil things

i just joined the two pipes together and unpluged it

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah cheers for all the advice. I now know it's some non-essential solenoid which will be removed along with canister and I'll join the hardlines for the said canister :)