What's new

Project Drift

R

ross.johnson

I am wanting to make my car into a road legal drift car. I want all the mods and parts a drift car would have only keep all interior in place. I would also like a roll cage. If anyone could help explain how much i can do befor it make it NOT road legal. :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well one of the components that I know is NOT legal that many drift cars have is a hydraulic handbrake or 'hydro'. I think you can install these alongside the stock handbrake system but to replace one with the other will not make it road legal (MOT fail). Also you won't be able to park on a hill without worrying about the car rolling down it by the time you come back lol :wack:

Other than that usual MOT checks apply like the wheels must not protrude further than tops of arches etc.

R

ross.johnson

lol! yeah i thought that may be of some concern to me lol! Can i ask what size your sig pic is? I think mine is to big! :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Ross, although the visible part of your sig is within the size constraints, there is a large area of white background surrounding it which needs trimming down as it messes up the spacing on the pages. I have put an outline around it below so you can see the extent of what I mean. :)

R

ross.johnson

oh! i see why would it have a massive white box round it? sorry i'm not good with sizing of pics pluss i only have paint!! can anyone help?? :thumbs: