What's new

Carbon Canister Hard Lines

Reaction score
Hey all I am in a predicament, I did a conversion on my car a while back and converted it from a kouki model S14 to a full running S15 both interior and exterior. I have recently got on with the engine and purchased a Spec R fornt half from Japan. Problem is that I am swapping everything over but seems like in the conversion process all my carbon canister hard lines are missing. I am wondering if it is necessary to rerun the lines or leave it out entirely. Does anyone know the direct route of the lines or has a diagram? I am seeing three lines coming from underneath the car, two biggish sized ones and one small one, I am tihnking the small one may be for the canister but not sure. They are not in the best condition so I may discard the fuel supply and reutrn lines and run some braided ones for those but what is the other line and diagrams please.

I am looking at the front half and it has a line from the bottom of the canister and running all the way over to the driverside by the clutch cylinder and then runnning down underneath the car, the one from the top of the canister runs on the passenger side, what goes where and is it necassary?

Reaction score
Saw it and I understand that part, the thing is I have three lines coming from the rear of the car on the driver side, two big lines which I assume is fuel and one small line which I assume is the fuel tank fume line, sorry the brake lines is there as well. I can get the hard line from the front half that I bought that runs from the driver side over to the passenger side and to the carbon canister but the problem is that I do not have the line that runs from the carbon canister along the passenger side to the rear of the car. If condemning the carbon canister and I already don't have the line running from the canister along the passenger side to the rear of the vehicle can I just leave the setup like this or do I have to have the fumes exiting at the rear of the vehicle? Let me know and I won't even bother transferring the hardline from the driver side to the passenger side to the carbon canister.