What's new

Fitting a GReddy elbow

Reaction score
Country
I've been upgrading my exhaust today, starting out fitting a GReddy turbo elbow, but have come up against some problems.

The Greddy elbow has got a divider running inside it, which also pokes out of the end of it. The turbo has also got a divider between the wastegate and the compressor wheel, and it seems to get in the way of the bit sticking out on the elbow, and stops it fitting.

Is this just because it's a S15 turbo, or are they all like it? I can't remember what the turbo was like on my old 180sx, whether it was the same or not :confused:

In the instructions, there is a couple of notes about the S15, but seeing as it's written in Japanese, I can't read it. Is there anybody that can read it and let me know what it says please :)

At the minute, my plan is to just cut the bit off thats sticking out in the way, but I thouht I'd see if anybody else had any ideas before I hack it about :smash:

Here's some pics so that it's a bit clearer what I'm on about:

Thanks for any help , I want to get this on ASAP so I can get my new downpipe on, then finish welding up my new sports cat :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It may be an S14 elbow. I think the S14 didn't have the divider in the turbo and so the elbow does. I have run into this before with one of my mates. I think he just cut it.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, it needs to be cut. I got the importer I used to have a look at the instruction for me, and he said that it says you need to trim it back on S15's.
At least I can cut it now safe in the knowledge I'm not bodging it :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Not seen anything like that before, very strange, just get the hacksaw out :rotfl:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
still dont get the idea of split elbows.....just grind it off :).

i can only see the split pipe being a restriction if not run as part of a proper external wastegate/screamer setup.....most people fit bellmouth ones without any problems at all and they are cheaper to.......

Reaction score
Country
It's fitted now, along with the super low downpipe I took off my old 180sx before I sold it. Just 1 of the pipes on this is larger than the original is!

I got the last flange tacked on my metallic sports cat now too so I can weld it up at work tomorrow :)

Last edited: