What's new

Little problem with Dumpvalve!?

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
I just installed my new DV (Synapse Sb001) and today I started my car...

It is running great until I touch the gas-pedal.. If I even give it just a litte-little-little bit revs, its starting to idle very very bad.. Idle goes up and down, up and down...
1000rpm -> almost stall -> 1000rpm... Same time dumpvalve is open -> close -> open...
Also there is petrol coming out of exhaust and its smell lots of petrol..

What wrong with it? Its now blowing out (atmos) and it is connected right for sure!
Would recircling it help with that, cause I really am planning to do so..

Thanks for all your help :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
re-circing will make the car run better, lots of people put up with the rough running of an atmospheric valve for the noise but it will cause overfuelling on the lift off. is it twin piston, if it is a single piston it will run very poorly.....

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes I had this problem with my Blitz SS DV after she was remapped. I believe the problem is a lot worse if the DV to atmos is on the hotpipe section like all Blitz SS DV kits :wack:

I've not upgraded to HKS SSQV (still vents to atmos). There's sometimes a little 'hunting' where revs go up and down on idle but nowhere near as bad as when I had the Blitz. As Dean says, re-circ should deffo help get rid of the problem :)

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
I did have better look at this problem today.. And I find that when car is started up and its on idle, DV is whole time open??!! It should be closed right?

Synapse is so called synchronizing-bov so its need another hose to intercoolerpipe, I put tee from hotpipe (one hose goes to DV and another one goes to AVC-R) could that mess things up? I mean is it okay to have tee connected also to AVC-R and DV?
And if its matter, the DV is installed to cold pipe (next to the "plenum"? i don't know the right word)

Going to recirc it today, but I think it shouldn't be open still?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah sounds ok to use vacuum feed lines for DV and AVC-R. I'm guessing the AVC-R is like some sort of boost controller cos my Gizzmo also takes areading from vacuum lines near the plenum.

My SSQV also takes a tee from this as well. I think you will have to get some sort of accurate boost feed for your DV otherwise it won't work properly but yes, it's ok for different devices to share from the same vacuum supply etc.

I'm not sure if my terminology like 'vacuum' feed is right lol... that's what I call it!! :D

G

Glen

Is it leaking? mine use open close open close when it was leaking... have you pulled it off and seen if you can blow through the trumpet etc? try tightening the valve?

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Is it leaking? mine use open close open close when it was leaking... have you pulled it off and seen if you can blow through the trumpet etc? try tightening the valve?
Tried to tightening the valve but it doesn't work..

I'm now putting up some more info and pics of my problem... I'm in hurry now, cause my remapping time is at wednesday :cry:

There you can see my Synapse DV and hose coming from the hotpipe

Here is nipple in hotpipe and tee. Other one goes to AVC-R and another one to DV

Here you can see where to "controlling pressure" is taken. Same place as in OEM DV.
Also you see tee, and like in the intructions "straigt channel" through tee goes to DV.

Another pic of that^^

Here is just overall pic

So once more, The problem is this:

When you start the car, it runs great... BUT the dumpvalve is whole time open? It should be closed right?

When you give it some revs dumpvalve starts to close-open-close-open-close... And like you all know, if dv does that car runs like this, 1000rpm-150rpm-1000rpm-150rpm...

* I have now reconnected it twice with instructions
* Tighten the valve

What can I do next?? Can you tell me solution?

EDIT: I find this video, and it says different cars need different setups... So if I, lets say take off hose from port A (also from tee) it should work correctly??
Ohh... the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5fZdVulZY

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Have you installed the ANTI-STALL VALVE KIT (optional sold separately) with this kit
No!

Just talked to one guy (Synapse dealer in Finland) and he told that Synapse DV is basicly designed to use as recirculating-valve... He told also that its normal that the valve is little bit open on idle. When you (I :D) recirc it, it should work fine.. so tomorrow I'm going to recirc it :)

S.K

Reaction score
Country
It will also work fine to vent it to atmosphere if you fit the anti stall kit but it is properly easier to just recirculate it

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Have to say I just fitted my HSK SSQV3 on Tuesday there and its atmos not recirculated and its still running fine just followed the instructions that came with the kit think its running slightly rich as I can hear popping at times from the exhaust but nothing major like the revs going up and down etc so sticking the decat on tomorrow :wack:, glad to hear you got it sorted though dude :thumbs: