What's new

Car misfiring at idle and hesitates while driving

L

luckyali

I have this problem and I'm hoping some of you GURU's can pinpoint it.

Just having a hard time figuring out what is wrong with the car, it started miss firing while on idle, sometimes while driving the car feels like there isnt power if i keep at it a constant rev, need to put the foot down and shes running normal.

Got the car serviced.
Changed the Spark Plugs but tat didn't help started miss firing more so put the old ones bk.
Cleaned the IACV
no boost/vacuum leaks at all.

Can anyone be able to tell me whats going on? and how to diagnose the problem.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if it sounds like a subaru when it does this or sounds like its dropping one or more cylinders then it could be the standard coil packs breaking down, very common fault

Reaction score
+1 its a common problem,heat being the contributing factor. The other option could be a dirty AFM especially if your running a pod filter

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Start by taking out the coilpack for the cylinder that's closest to bulkhead as this is the one that gets hottest and most likely to fail. If you start her and she sounds the same the that's the one that's gone or is going.

If you do clean the AFM - DO NOT USE carb cleaner. You should be able to get electrical contact cleaner which is much better!!

G

Glen

yeah, check all the coil packs.. look for arch marks.. pretty easy to identify, look down the coil pack also, they will look like white strikes or pin holes with white around them.. if not the coil pack is at the end of its life if you can narrow it down, or even get a code check and it might have logged a miss fire on a certain cylinder. If the airflow meter was faulty, you would loose alot of power or all power if you try to go anywhere as the voltage would drop to zero and would run rich as a bitch. Just check your coil packs.. then think what else it could be.

L

luckyali

Got her on a Scanner and the lad who checked it said the Air flow meter is not working at all, nct is on wednesday.

How much is an MAF Sensor? Would it be easily available for Nissan?
OR if anyone ere has one spare one and can lend of it for NCT cuz on thursday i need to goto garda station to show my nct cert lol. :S

Otherwise im heading to court :(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, they are not interchangeable without a remap to suit. Any S14/S15 AFM will do you and they are fairly cheap.

G

Glen

Is the afm reading 0 voltage?, If you check the voltage at the wires and theres the correct voltage but no voltage reading at the ecu, check the shielding and make sure its not earthing out, Or the afm could just be ****ed, also check your wires at the ecu and pin it out and make sure its getting voltage.

L

luckyali

Finally got her NCT'ed :)
Two things were not working as they were suppose to
Coil pack
The MAf Sensor--- got one thanks to japmadlad.

Thanks all for the Help.