What's new

Touch up

J

Jono

Wanted a scratch sprayed on the boot too but they reckon they'd have to remove the badges... I don't want it de-badged and getting replacements would be difficult right? :confused:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Looks better without the Nissan badge anyway. The Silvia badge would be a Jap order, I'd think. I wouldn't want to lose that, as its the only hint to people that its a Skyline... :p

You can get bonnet lightning badges over here fairly easily.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The badges can be removed without any damage to them, only problem would be fixing it back on..... As you wont get double sided sticky tape in the shape of the nissan badge or Silvia writing :no:, and yes i have tried :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Any hints of how to remove the nissan badge the best way?
I've tried, but it's superstuck :( I don't want to make a mark in the paint either.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Pour boiling water over it. With either some fishing line or thick thread, 'saw' it back and forth behind the badge. Its only held by trim tape. Once you've cut through the tape, it'll come off. You've then got to patiently remove all the sticky crap left. T-Cut and polish

Same process as this.

D

Derek

I removed my badges on my car.. A hairdyer and bit of petrol removes the glue no bother.. a bit of bonding will put them back on too no bother..

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Another vote for the hairdryer :wave:

That and a plastic spatula, heat the glue up the peel it back with the spatula :thumbs:

J

Jono

Derek said:
I removed my badges on my car.. A hairdyer and bit of petrol removes the glue no bother.. a bit of bonding will put them back on too no bother..
Brave soul - petrol anywhere near a hairdryer sounds dicey to me... the heat from the dryer would be enough to concern me let alone the proximity of the electronics etc.

I've de-badged with boiling water before... worked fine. Bottom line is, they'll charge me ?100 to respray the scratch and I'll have to pay for a new badge too. Not sure it's worth it, as some t*t in tesco will only put a nother scratch on it somewhere else... where do you stop? :cry: :rolleyes:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I park as far as i can from cars in Tesco........ on the rare occation i take the car there, which is only if i have to.

D

Derek

As ye know i sent my car in to get touched up and Fixed.. I got my car back last Wed. When i saw car the work was fairly bad. Paint runs Cracks and Japs between bumper and Wings. So i gave out stink and made them do it all over. Anyway to cut a long story short i dropped it in Last monday and got it back 2day. All cracks fixed, Car looking better. Bumpers fit right. Colour could be better.. Pearl white is some disaster of a colour to match.. Be warned lads!

Reaction score
park over 2 spaces? I'd be afraid some munter would key my car for taking up 2 spaces, or deliberately give it a whack :eek:

It gives me the shits when people slam their doors into cars - no consideration for other people's property eh.

I don't leave my car parked anywhere - if I have to park, I take my company car. Still, that means my car just sits at home unused and wasted :cry:

I'd fix any minor imperfections prior to selling the car as someone will just give you a new one once you fix an old one.

Reaction score
:nod:

how does it go "to avoid dents, park between the two nicest cars in the parking lot"

trouble is, there aren't many cars nicer than a clean S15 - you know it :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I-nearly-bought-a-batty said:
.....I don't leave my car parked anywhere - if I have to park, I take my company car. Still, that means my car just sits at home unused and wasted :cry: ........
Ditto :nod: